Cat Eating Issues.

Angelinaqueen39020

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello, i am a proud owner of a tabby/ orange cat. He is a male, and he is 5 months old.

Me and, my sister got him on, The date of October 6th 2017.

Anyways, he keeps eating out of his bowl 24/7 i am, so tired of buying cat food for him all the dang time.

If, he doesn't get his cat food/ he will jump on your lap and meow very loud. Until, you give him some.

Can, SOMONE PLEAS HELP. Thank you :coldcat:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Angelinaqueen39020

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
EDIT: HE ATE 10 POUNDS OF CAT FOOD RIGHT NOW. ALSO, THE REASON I POST THIS CAUSE, I AM SCARED OF HIS HEALTH I AM SCARED, HE MIGHT GET DIABETES.

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I assume he is eating kitten food right? What kind? You can suppliment him with wet/canned food just at special times so he has something to look forward to. It is hard to leave food out all the time as they get older as they do tend to overeat.

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Also, I mean, 10lbs at once is insane. He should not have THAT much available to him at any time.... Has he been to the vet? Checked for internal parasites? etc

susan denning

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Curious where you got the 10 lbs from. That certainly would be a lot for a cat to eat (I'm guessing that would be equivalent to a human eating their weight in food).

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Angelinaqueen39020

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
jen jen , okay i was being sarcastic he hasn't eaten 10 pounds of food. But, it seems like that sense he eats a lot. I am, not shocked if he hasn't. He, eats the kitten chow, i tried giving him wet food. Nope, he gets diarrhea. He, also poops his weight out, luckily he isn't fat he, is active and playful.

susan denning

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
How much of the kitten chow is he eating? Also, has he been vet checked?

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There is something wrong with your cat. He might have parasites, or he may be allergic to the food you are feeding him. He is clearly not getting the nutrition he needs if he is this hungry and having diarrhea. Take him to a vet!