Cat ear

Katieannee

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello does anyone know what this could be? There seems to be no pain and I noticed it before bed last night at around 7pm just thinking it was a scratch as it wasn’t there all day so gave it a little clean with some water but now I’m thinking it isn’t a scratch. The thing is if I have to take her vets she’ll have to go in alone and I don’t think she will like that at all. She’s an only Indoor cat And has no other symptoms like scratching her ear a lot or shaking her head so I don’t think it’s mites ( also she goes near no other pets) please please help

Attachments

MissClouseau

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Skin issues are difficult to diagnose just by looking, even for vets sometimes who see it in person. It could be a scratch, maybe a bug bite, allergic reaction... they can all look annoyingly similar.

If I were you I would keep the area clean with a watery pet disinfectant and see how it goes. If it gets worse or looks infected, take to the vet right away. If there is no improvement for the better in a week, send pictures to the vet to ask their opinion and/or take to the vet.

Tagrendy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
If it was earmites there should be dark brownish substance in the ear, probably both ears. But to me it looks more like some sort of fungal, I wouldn't touch it with bear hands until it's tested.