Cat coughed after purring??

Jesszoefranklin

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello! We recently adopts a 3 year old Bombay cat, his origins are unknown and he was only at the shelter for a few weeks. He has a very unique purr and we asked the shelter and he had any health issues, Theh said no. One day we were petting him and he started coughing . It then happened another time after that ONLY brought on whole purring. He runs around with our kitten a lot and always seems totally fine . He loterally has only coughed right after purring.
we brought him to the vet right away and Theh said itcould be a URI so he wasput on medicine. He got better and had a lot of energy but we were just petting him and he started coughing. Note it is not every time he purrs only randomly... he also sleeps with his tongue out sometimes ....
eats fine and drinks plenty of water. We are going to bring him back tk the vet but I am very nervous

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
Does it sound like he's trying to
get something out? My cat coughs up spit and fur almost every day. So brushing her helps and fish oil

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Jesszoefranklin

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Does it sound like he's trying to
get something out? My cat coughs up spit and fur almost every day. So brushing her helps and fish oil
It almost sounds like he’s coughing up a hair ball but he gets low and coughs like a hacking cough and then will lay down or go drink water. The vet said it’s a very low chance of hair balls :( he has never coughed randomly it’s only after purring