Cat Chewing & Washing Himself To Pieces - Help!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
JUST found this, thanks to Furballsmom Furballsmom tagging me re the chamomile. Let us know how it works. I've had excellent results with it, on animals of all sorts AND humans. It will even kill the itch of eczema in humans, as well as mosquito bites...found THAT out post Florence, when we had a bumper crop of them!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

desktop

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well I just swabbed some on his paws and he looked at me kind of funny, then he started licking them. I don't have normal cats. He stopped licking after a moment and then ran and hid. He's now laying under the comforter on my bed. I'll keep an eye on him and see how it goes.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
It's fine for him to lick the tea. It's used to calm cats when taken internally. So long as he doesn't lick off more than a couple of tablespoonfuls a day, no problem.

Shmooo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
S Shmooo well you also stop your cats from licking surgery stitches or other wounds, however that makes them feel, because you need their wounds to heal. Cats do not know when to stop. Mine, although she wasn’t on medication, shred her little paws, belly and the area behind her ears to shreds every late summer. I wish I could’ve helped her, but there was nothing the vet(s) and I could really do. It is not cruel to keep your kitty from harming herself, just like it isn’t cruel to stop your kid from running while holding a knife ;)
True, I wasn’t thinking that complex...in lighter terms

desktop

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well the chamomile tea didn't stop him from licking and chewing on himself so time to try something else.

desktop

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Got an appointment with the vet bright and early she’s going to give him a Depo shot.

desktop

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
He got the shot and he’s doing much better. Crashed out on the bed today and slept for a while and then he got up and started romping around with his sister.

desktop

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My boy is finally resting. All his stuff is healing up and he’s doing a lot better.