Cat Can't Walk Right

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shane Kent

Crazy Cat Gentleman
Top Cat
Purraise
God bless you Brittany and JiJi. I hope and pray things turn around for you. I reeeeally wish you had my vet to go to. They are all beautiful people and pushed other clients when I had an emergency that I don't feel is as critical as yours.

Again, God bless you and JiJi.

prairiepanda

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
So sorry to hear about JiJi; I hope you will be able to find him the help he needs soon! If you're concerned about maintaining good hydration, you could also ask one of the vets about subcutaneous fluids. It's easy to administer at home and would help him a lot more than giving water by syringe. 5 minutes of sub-q fluids each day or even every other day could save you the trouble of giving him water by syringe several times a day.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Brittany89

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Just got off the phone with the vet at paw prints. She will have the medicine I requested first thing in the morning, plus some steroids. She will be giving me prednisone and calavmox. Great news to hear. I may just stay with them since she sounded a lot more helpful this time. JiJi moved a lot yesterday and is doing well with his feedings. Nothing new to report, he's a little extra tired today. Will update tomorrow. :thumbsup:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Brittany89

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Unfortunately I have some very terrible news. JiJi went downhill fast last night. He was not dehydrated but his body was cold and he didn't want to lift his head much. I stayed up all night with him and got his body temperature up and he started to eat on his own. I took him with me to the vet to get the medicine and to get some fluids to help since he was weak. At the appointment his heart rate slowed and the vet couldn't get a temperature on him. I had to make the hardest decision ever. We stayed in the room as they put my beloved JiJi to sleep. Even after his heart stopped he didn't want to give up. He kept twitching his ears and tail as I said his name and me and my 3 year old told him we loved him.

I'm truly sorry to bring this news to everyone. The vets around my area did not want to work with me till it was to late. It cost 93 dollars to put him to sleep.

Thank you all for the advice and well wishes. He is eternally peaceful and I'll see meet him at the bridge one day.

Status
Not open for further replies.