Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Brittany89

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Vet called back today, unfortunately we weren't home, I'll call first thing in the morning. They said they would be happy to run some tests and try some medicine, set up an appointment sometime this week.

Right now he is still only moving a couple feet a day, but his hydration is up, good pink gums and skin snaps back. Still need to do feedings for food and water with a syringe. 30 ml was too much for a single sitting every 3-4 hours, so I do 20ml every 2-3 hours. Weight has dropped some but he has been pooing everyday. Maybe twice a day. Getting good protein in his diet. I'll be picking up some more pedalite just in case he needs some if his hydration gets low. He doesn't like syringe water.

He seems more alert everyday so that is good. I'm hoping that the vets can help me find a way to get him to eat on his own, I have a three year, I'm a stay at home mom so i find the time for JiJi. I get stressed out when we have to leave, I hate being gone 4 hours.

I also have him on a heat pad for an hour here and there, turning him over.
Always hoping and praying and doing all I can.

Attachments

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I really hope you can get meds started ASAP, prednisone and antibiotics, both for 30 days, and I hope they help!

It sounds as though he is doing well considering, but I'm so worried for him!

Brittany89

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Me too! I'm sick tommy stomach worrying for him. I've got 6 cats including him and 6 dogs, two goats, two ducks, three lizards, and one temporary chipmunk who was rescued from one of my not so wild cats, the poor thing had just one little scratch. If it was one of the other cats, it wouldn't have been saved. But all the other animals are in great health and well taken care of, JiJi worries to death.

valentine319

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I wanted to add the owner little bub had the vet approve this.

Assisi Animal Health

The assissi loop. Yes testing, antibiotics and such come first but wanted to add something to consider after that. Thank you for taking care of such a sweet kitten.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Let us know when you talk with the vet. For someone with so much on your hands, you are managing this difficult situation very well, indeed! Crossing my fingers for the right meds, and a well kitty!

Brittany89

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Talk with vet today, they said the earliest I can get in is next Wednesday. That is to long to wait but I've already sent them his blood work. I may call the vet he recently was at and ask the vet that saw him if they could just please give me the medicine, it doesn't hurt to at least try, considering she told me to prepare myself to put him down. So what's giving me meidince for him going to hurt? I'll still take him to the other vet because I hear great things.

Should I get him X-rays? I've called around and they are 90$ per X-ray not including exam and medicine. Would it be better to get them to give me medicine than to keep doing stuff like blood work and X-rays that are pretty much very expensive and not getting us anywhere?

Money is not a huge problem, but my husband is the one that works so he is the one who knows our bills and what we can afford. Wish these vets would care more about a life than money in their pockets. It is so expensive for just the easiest tests.

Not giving up on him for sure, if I could get him to eat and drink on his own, I wouldn't worry so much.

Brittany89

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'll be calling paw prints tomorrow and requesting the medicine you've told me about. These people just want a bunch of money to run a bunch of tests to get us no where! They need to give me some medicine I'll pay for it, what's it to them? Oh that's right not enough money going into their pockets.

Brittany89

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes paw prints is the vet he recently went to. Where I paid 170 bucks for not much information, just she thinks it's neurological and to be prepared to put him down. They should be able to give me the medicine since they are aware of his condition and that he doesn't have a lot of time to waste on tests that are to expensive and probably won't show any cause.

I'll post an update once I call them tomorrow.

Brittany89

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you very much. It is truly heartbreaking to see an animal you love not doing well. I have hope for him and I try my best for him. He has never been like this and it breaks my heart that he is having so much trouble at only 7 months old.

Attaching pictures before he became he way he is now.

Attachments

Brittany89

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Talked with vet office today, the vet that seen him is not in, so I said to have her call me asap in the morning. I told her the kinds of medicine I would like to be prescribed. She said she doesn't know what the vet will want to do. I said well these tests are too expensive and we are waistimg valuable time that could save my cat. So we will see what I find out tomorrow.

Tomorrow I also go to two doctors for myself. First appointment I'll be getting my filopian tubes checked for blockages. My husband and I have been trying for baby #2 for 3 years. Second appointment I have to get a colposcopy done, I get it done every three months. I was diagnosed with early cervical cancer. I had a cold cone biopsy done to remove the cancer, now I get checked every three months till I have another baby then I am recommended to get a hysterectomy because the kind of cancer I have is glandular and more aggressive. :eviltongue::sniffle:

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It's good that you are keeping up with your checkups. It sounds like you were diagnosed with cervical dysplasia. Has your husband had his sperm checked?

I sure hope you hear back from the vet soon and can get the meds. This is really dragging on.

Status
Not open for further replies.