Cat Cake

maurice12

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hey guys,

My cat is turning 10 this Thursday and I'm trying to figure out a way to treat him. I've been looking at cake recipes for cats but most of them talk about baking or using a food processor and kinda just presenting him with pate of tuna or salmon with shrimp on top? I'd do this but my cat does not like pate of any flavor, he won't even go near it unless I give him treats in the bowl. So I'm just trying to figure out how I can give him the same food he usually eats and present it like a cake. After going through Google though I just gave up on the whole cake idea and I want to just find him some kind of big treat he likes. I was thinking raw chicken or beef but I remember reading somewhere that raw meat can be harmful to cats. I would get him cooked chicken but I've given him that before and it doesn't really excite him any more than his regular cat food does. I just wanted to know if you guys can give me any ideas for what I can get him for his birthday. I want him to have a big meal and I want him to actually enjoy it. He hates pate and he hates seafood too. He likes poultry and he likes turkey more than other poultry. He loves his treats so maybe there's some kind of treat cookie at petsmart that I can get him? Do you guys have any other ideas? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! I just really want him to have a good special time on his birthday.

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Here's what Big Cat Rescue did for Canyon and Genie Sandcats on their birthday: it seems like they made some kind of raw meat cake. You might be able to do something like that with turkey. Raw meat isn't necessarily bad for cats, (just make sure that you get the meat from a reliable source, so it's not laced with listeria). On the contrary, some cat owners are moving in the direction of only feeding raw. Some people here do feed raw, so they'll be of more help to you than I am. You really shouldn't give him too much of a food that he's not used to, though. That could upset his GI system, and that's really not something he would want on his birthday! BCR feeds their cats raw meat all the time, so the cake for the Sandcats was not different from what they usually eat, other than its presentation.

paiger8

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
What about freeze dried treats? You could top some yummy canned food with some freeze dried meat treats.

And raw meat isn't bad for cats. Cat's are obligate carnivores and survived for millions of years on raw meat. :) If you want to try raw, maybe give him a small piece of raw chicken or turkey thigh?