Cat Breath Smelling Very Bad Like Garbage And Rotten

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

smhsn1981

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Where did you adopt this cat from? If it was a shelter you need to call them up and have a talk. Coronavirus can lead to FIP which is very contagious and hard to control. Poor thing is a mess.
He is a street cat from Iran, there are thousands of them over there and they have a terrible life, he lived in a park since he was a baby, Since there are so many street animals over there and nobody vaccinate them they get diseases very fast :(

Megsnan

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Red line on the gums is definitely gingivitis, hopefully not stomatitis. It isn’t contagious. My kitten has gingivitis and stink breath too. It might help to have his teeth looked at again. Use that gel everyday, it really helps. Also there’s a product called plaque off. Good luck

smhsn1981

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Red line on the gums is definitely gingivitis, hopefully not stomatitis. It isn’t contagious. My kitten has gingivitis and stink breath too. It might help to have his teeth looked at again. Use that gel everyday, it really helps. Also there’s a product called plaque off. Good luck
Thanks for info, what is stomatits symptoms?

Megsnan

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Bright red along the gum line. Occasionally there will be mouth and throat ulcers. Stinky breath. Sorry I’m not sure what other symptoms it has. It’s very painful for these kitties to eat so if your cat is eating then it’s probably not stomatitis.

smhsn1981

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Bright red along the gum line. Occasionally there will be mouth and throat ulcers. Stinky breath. Sorry I’m not sure what other symptoms it has. It’s very painful for these kitties to eat so if your cat is eating then it’s probably not stomatitis.
thanks, he eats like a champ and never gets full, in fact I am sometimes concerned of his increased appetite, in addition to FIV and corona virus he was tested for Giardia and ringworm too but I gave him deworm tablets, but still he is so hungry all the time, i'm thinking he still has parasites

Megsnan

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It’s always something, isn’t it? I have a 6 month old kitten that was just diagnosed with dilated cardiomyopathy. He has a palette defect and gingivitis. He’ll be good one day and then terrible the next. I feel for what you’re going through and that’s so great that you’re taking such good care of the kitty. It’s sad how many people give up on their pets if they get sick. If you suspect worms then you could take a fecal sample to your vet and they can test it. That’s great if your cat is eating, much better than the alternative.

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
FIV cats commonly have dental issues. He probably has halitosis (bad breath) due to gingivitis. That red line you see along his gums is gingivitis. The cure should be getting his dentals.

smhsn1981

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
An update on this cat: I took him to animal hospital today to be checked with x-ray. The vet however checked his mouth without anesthesia because he is so calm cat. She told me his gums are badly infected and this is perhaps due to FIV since he is still too young. His teeth were also full of plaque and pus. So she said the best is to pull out all his teeth. She did pull his teeth except 4 front ones. It is now 2 hours he woke up from anesthesia. I left some wet food for him but he still have not eaten any. I am a bit worried because he did not eat since last night due to surgery. he seems to be in pain, although he got pain medication and antibiotics at vet. Should I be concerned that he does not eat his food?

Megsnan

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
An update on this cat: I took him to animal hospital today to be checked with x-ray. The vet however checked his mouth without anesthesia because he is so calm cat. She told me his gums are badly infected and this is perhaps due to FIV since he is still too young. His teeth were also full of plaque and pus. So she said the best is to pull out all his teeth. She did pull his teeth except 4 front ones. It is now 2 hours he woke up from anesthesia. I left some wet food for him but he still have not eaten any. I am a bit worried because he did not eat since last night due to surgery. he seems to be in pain, although he got pain medication and antibiotics at vet. Should I be concerned that he does not eat his food?
I’m sorry your kitty hasn’t been feeling well. Yes you should be concerned if he isn’t eating. Ask your vet about an appetite stimulant and possibly stronger pain meds.

smhsn1981

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I’m sorry your kitty hasn’t been feeling well. Yes you should be concerned if he isn’t eating. Ask your vet about an appetite stimulant and possibly stronger pain meds.
I just checked on him, he started to eat his food though only half of it, his mouth does not smell at all anymore