Cat biting

overwhelmed2

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So I've taken in this neighbourhood cat that was a bit neglected and she has been home with me for about 10 days - she seems really happy and I've known her about 8 months now and she has always been happy to be stroked and cuddled. Today for some reason she will only tolerate a pat or 2 and then goes to bite - I've been quick enough to avoid being bitten and it's almost like slow warning bites - any idea what could be going on? She was an indoor cat until about 8 months ago and has been mainly outdoor since then. Do you think she may be bored inside? She seems happy sleeping, playing with toy mice, looking outside windows, getting regular meals, sleeping cuddled up behind my knees at night and it is so very cold out at the moment. Once the weather gets better or we have a nice day, I intend to bring her back to my mum's yard where she had been spending most of her time so she can have some outdoor playtime and visit the neighbours (she is familiar with that territory's and it's a really nice, safe neighbourhood). She is about 7 years old and has always been a sweet, friendly, calm cat - any advice?

vball91

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Is it a particular area on the body that seems sensitive? I am just wondering if she has an abscess somewhere that is causing pain. If the behavior is atypical and continues, I would think about a vet visit to rule out a medical cause.