Cat Ate Her Charmer Toy

lunafox90

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I think my cat ate part of her toy.

Almost a week ago i found the charmer on the floor when i got home ( i had thought it out of reach and had put something on top apparently not well enough) but at least an inch was missing i had noticed one of my girls trying to swallow part of it before that snatched it from her and inspected. She tried to swallow eat all the red at that point. I should have thrown it away then but i had put it away with mental note that its cute but not to let her drag it away again during play. But when i got home the red was gone and it was where it started to fade to brown which is maybe an inch to two inches max. Ive kept an eye on both girls since then no vomitting still playing, however the girl i suspect has been ignoring her wet food and gobbling up the dry instead and only the dry in her treat puzzle ball. Now im not sure if this is preferance that she decided that she loves that dry so much thst shes not hungry enough to eat the wet. Shes drinking and no pain or swelling, so like the recliner incident im not sure if im overreating.

Last edited by a moderator:

JMJimmy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Eating inappropriate things can happen. As long as she's still eating/active that's a good sign. Watch for it in the poop... gross as it is you may want to break apart the poop to try to locate it when it passes. It should pass in 24-48 hours. Any sign of lethargy, disinterest in food overall, or similar would be a sign to go to the vet. Luckily cats can pass or vomit some pretty large items thanks to their natural diet of mice and birds. Their bones will either bet spit or less commonly pooped out. If the item she ate is softer it's more likely to pass through.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Just so! If it's already been a week and she's still active and eating, albeit not eating her wet, she's probably fine. Cat's can get finicky about their food for no reason at all, so I'm thinking that may be unrelated since she's still eating her dry food well. As jmjimmy said though, if she suddenly stops eating and/or drinking, and most definitely if she stops pooping, then she will need to go in the an xray.