Cat arthritis

abunaione

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
So my 18yo girl has arthritis in her back legs.
I give her Dasuquin, and sometimes she will eat it.
She gets an Adequan injection once every two weeks.
She still walks around, but back is alittle hunched down.
Leggs not a stable as before.
Sometimes the back leg will drag.
She is going to get her shot this Friday, and I'll ask the doctor what other options we might have.
Anything else I might try????

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So my 18yo girl has arthritis in her back legs.
I give her Dasuquin, and sometimes she will eat it.
She gets an Adequan injection once every two weeks.
She still walks around, but back is alittle hunched down.
Leggs not a stable as before.
Sometimes the back leg will drag.
She is going to get her shot this Friday, and I'll ask the doctor what other options we might have.
Anything else I might try????
Have you considered some physiotherapy?

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You might try CBD oil, it is supposed to be very good for that. I get mine at the local pharmacy it is sold on the shelf. A little pricey but not bad, you only use a small amount in some lickable treat. Make sure you get CBD oil and not hemp, there is a difference. There are also many good supplements on Amazon for arthritis, you could try that too. Look at the reviews!

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Aside from joint supplements, you could ask about Solensia. It is a monthly injection that helps to control arthritic pain. Feeby (18+ yo) has had three so far and it has made a difference in her mobility. I went this route because she won't eat any of the joint supplements anymore. She loved Glyco Flex Plus for over 3 years and then decided she no longer wanted to eat them. They also made a difference. She refused both Dasuquin and Cosequin. There are members on this site who use both Adequan and Solensia.
Solensia (frunevetmab injection) for Cats - Drugs.com
Here is a link to a thread on this site about Solensia.
Solensia! - new arthritis injection | TheCatSite

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
…Aloha, just wondering if you had any updates for us about cat arthritis, any positives you have discovered?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

abunaione

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Sandy also had her third shot of Solensia for cats.
She is doing better.
Walking better, but still alittle wobbly, and not great balance when jumping down from things.
Back side is not hunched down like before.
She is eating better.
Even runs sometimes.
Even though she hates going to the doctor every Friday, we're both happy with the results.
It's been hot here, so she's sleeping most of the time.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Sandy also had her third shot of Solensia for cats...Even though she hates going to the doctor every Friday, we're both happy with the results.
Glad Sandy is doing well with the Solensia. But I have a question - Solensia is a monthly injection, so I presume she is going weekly to the vet for something else?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

abunaione

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Not a problem for me.
Vet is close by.
Vet is good to us, so don't mind.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I guess Sandy doesn't mind either ;). My vet is only about 5 minutes away and even that short trip doesn't impress Feeby, especially since it means she is going to be poked or prodded for something!

Mac and Cats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Sandy also had her third shot of Solensia for cats.
She is doing better.
Walking better, but still alittle wobbly, and not great balance when jumping down from things.
Back side is not hunched down like before.
She is eating better.
Even runs sometimes.
Even though she hates going to the doctor every Friday, we're both happy with the results.
It's been hot here, so she's sleeping most of the time.
Have they done any blood tests? My sweet boy that I lost almost 2 years ago had CKD, but also had anemia in his last few months that caused him to be unstable and fall off the couch and bed at times. With our current cat that also has bad arthritis and gets monthly Solensia, we put a little two step stepstool next to the bed so she has an easier time getting up and down. Is that a possibility for you?

buffy2011

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Aside from joint supplements, you could ask about Solensia. It is a monthly injection that helps to control arthritic pain. Feeby (18+ yo) has had three so far and it has made a difference in her mobility. I went this route because she won't eat any of the joint supplements anymore. She loved Glyco Flex Plus for over 3 years and then decided she no longer wanted to eat them. They also made a difference. She refused both Dasuquin and Cosequin. There are members on this site who use both Adequan and Solensia.
Solensia (frunevetmab injection) for Cats - Drugs.com
Here is a link to a thread on this site about Solensia.
Solensia! - new arthritis injection | TheCatSite

buffy2011

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My Bella had two shots of the Solensia and right after that she got scabbing on her neck and head. I had read up on the solensia and that was one of the side effects. so I quit the solensia. Well I really need to get her back on something, and was wondering if anyone else has had that problem when giving this to there cats. also I was wondering will this scabbing go away in a while if i continue the solensia or is this going to be an on going problem. thanks