Cat allergy test

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

shebaa

Queen of Sheba
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I don't like dry food at all for food trials because there are way too many inappropriate ingredients that go into making a shelf-stable dry food. I would look to reduce or eliminate the dry food altogether. You can use timed feeders to help you with daytime and overnight nibbles. If she's already eating wet food, that's half the battle. I would attempt to reduce the dry and replace the calories with wet over a period of a few weeks. That alone may be all that's needed.
the vet was fine with half and half but there's been times she threw up right after eating food. and there's been no decrease in her vomiting

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i am stuck between duck and venison.
Natural Balance L.I.D. Limited Ingredient Diets Green Pea & Venison Grain-Free Dry Cat Food
Blue Buffalo Basics Limited Ingredient Grain-Free Formula Duck & Potato Indoor Adult Dry Cat Food

also if i switch dry food should switch the wet food too?
As dry foods go, the Natural Balance doesn't look so bad. Match with the wet food to keep the ingredients as limited as possible.

The Blue Buffalo is anything but "limited ingredient" with alfalfa meal, blueberries, cranberries, potato starch, potatoes, tapioca starch, and the list goes on and on. Anything that isn't of animal origin has the possibility of being an irritant or an allergen. This is why I don't recommend dry foods for food trials. There are far too many of these species-inappropriate ingredients to make narrowing down trigger foods nearly impossible.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

shebaa

Queen of Sheba
Alpha Cat
Purraise
As dry foods go, the Natural Balance doesn't look so bad. Match with the wet food to keep the ingredients as limited as possible.

The Blue Buffalo is anything but "limited ingredient" with alfalfa meal, blueberries, cranberries, potato starch, potatoes, tapioca starch, and the list goes on and on. Anything that isn't of animal origin has the possibility of being an irritant or an allergen. This is why I don't recommend dry foods for food trials. There are far too many of these species-inappropriate ingredients to make narrowing down trigger foods nearly impossible.
ok thanks i'll try that