Cat 'abandoned' his 'sister'

catlady76paws

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
So in the back of the house I made 2 rooms. It's kind of been shifting in size as the kitty population grew(due to rescue, I don't breed). I paired 2 kittens(Binti and Snoopy) together as they were both small and suffering from diarrea. Turns out it was coccidia and thankfully only these 2 had it. I've got it under control and the 2 were moved to the second room. They still had interaction with the other.
My plan was to introduce them back after the spay of the oldest girls and neuter of Snoopy. However, after 3 girls decided they wanted back to the others, Suri who was being bullied got moved to the room with Snoopy and Binti, while I also monitored Vicky and Zorro in there. Well Zorro is in solitary confinement(but still in the area) as to not pull any stitches and herniate again.
So now we have Snoopy, Vicky, Binti and Suri and I decide to install a door so we can introduce slowly.
First day we opened the door to let them play together, Snoopy and Binti went in and played around. Binti was used as a toy so I 'saved' her and wanted to put Snoopy back as well but he doesn't want to anymore.

So now Binti is sad because her brother is on the other side, she wants in too but the other kittens(mostly the boys and they're almost a year old) keep jumping her. She's still very smol and they have her in this lock, keep following her around and Snoop is just out and about doing his own thing. I think Binti was attached to him more than he is to her.

Binti still has Suri and Vicky as roommates but she seems to want her brother back as well. I don't want to keep them seperate forever but Snoop wants the space and the other boys to wrestle.

So what now...

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
How about letting Snoop have a couple of hours play time with the boys, then a couple of hours with his sister? As long as both groups are healthy there's nothing wrong with having one cat that hangs out with both groups for part of each day.

NekoM

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I agree, give them some quality time and at some point possibly add one of the older cats as an introduction.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catlady76paws

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I did put Snoopy back but as soon as close the door back up he'll stand at the door to the other room, squeaking to go back in. He'll run up the walls, frustrated that he's back in the other room while Binti is happy as a clam he's back.
It's so sad so this unrecruited love:lovecat:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catlady76paws

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I just went in and Snoops was lying infront of a litterbox in the cage turned litterbox cupboard, bless his cotton socks. All the others were on pillows, hammocks, the couch.
I put him back with Binti(who was also lying solo on a blanket) and he went in and started eating some kibble, Binti joined him almost immediately. Guess the love is a little recruited:happycat: