Resolved Can't See Post #2 On Threads Anymore

scraggles

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I can't see second post/answer on any threads anymore when I'm not signed in - no matter what device I use - is anyone else having this problem?

It's no big deal - I just sign in from my personal phone/laptop to see it - but when I'm on any sort of public computer, for example, I don't always like signing in on their devices.
:hellocomputer:

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
That's strange. I logged out and can still read all the responses in threads. This will have to be checked out.

Boris Diamond

Cat Valet
Top Cat
Purraise
When I logged out, I could not see the second posts either. I'm pretty sure it is not just a numbering problem, as there seemed to be missing posts. I see this is being reviewed, but I thought I would add my two cents worth! :2cents:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

scraggles

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I don't think it's a numbering problem either boris diamond as when I was logged out I could see your reply that came up as #3 - but not jcat's - I'm glad I'm not the only one though.

I use Chrome on my phone but always have and have previously been able to see responses. Whenever I'm on a public computer I use their default Internet and still can't see the second response. :compsurfing:

scraggles

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm on my way into work now - I'll go on the cat site on one of their computers once I get the chance and see what happens - I'm nearly certain their browser isn't Chrome - I've a feeling it's Explorer. I'll have a look through a few browsers if I can and see if they make a difference.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Okay, now I can see no post #2 using Windows 10 and Firefox 53.0.2. It doesn't appear to be connected to the OS or browser.

scraggles

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I logged on to a computer in work which is also Windows 10 and couldn't see the second post in either Explorer or Firefox. I don't go on my work computer that often but I'm nearly certain I could see the replies on the same computer before.

I'm really not very technically minded so have no idea what my phone uses - but I know that I previously could see the replies on it up until maybe last week.

If I scroll down really quickly on my phone I can sometimes see reply #2 for about 3 seconds before it disappears. When I see it though it's in a more centered format if that makes sense. If someone quotes reply #2 I have no issues seeing the quote.

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Sorry about that! We're working on fixing the issue. As far as I know, this is limited to viewing the threads when you're not logged into your account. If anyone is experiencing this while logged in to your account, please post here. Thank you!

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Should be fixed now - thank you all for the reports!

scraggles

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yes!:woo:

Seems to be fixed in my phone anyway! - can't check on any other device at the moment but I'm sure it's the same.

Thank-you! :thanks:

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
(I had noticed this back when the ads were first started for the new platform, but didn't mention it as I thought I was being a pain about all my computer/platform posts at the time... I guess I just thought it had to do with ad placements and/or use of adblock software, or a log-in issue. Anyway, I am glad it's fixed!)