Cant Find Quistion About Tassee Behavier Problem

edie56

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
i think i put it in the wrong forum she really loves to cuddel but she will only do it on her but when we pet her her when she cuddles she will claw and bite weve had her almost 2 yrs she is about six yrs i also wouild like to know how can get claws done without putting up a screaming fit she has scrating post she wont use it she uses our couches insted she also has a bad habit of pooping outside the box

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi!
When is the last time you had her in to a vet?

It sounds as though she doesn't really like being petted, or maybe just a little bit. Experiment with that, ---my cat doesn't like it either but he does like being in laps :)

Have you tried a different style of litter? Moved the box to a different location and obtained a second one? Do you clean the box(es) daily?

23 Proven Ways To Stop A Cat From Scratching Furniture

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
E edie56 , if you are looking for your threads that you started or any posts you replied, click on the numbers of the message bubble under your avatar and that will bring you to a page that shows all your threads and posts you've made.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
You're got a few issues you've asked about, so I'll address them individually.

she really loves to cuddel but she will only do it on her but when we pet her her when she cuddles she will claw and bite
Sometimes cat don't realize that their biting and clawing hurts their human family. Since she was older when you adopted her, you have no way to know her history, but sometimes cats are bitey/clawy if they were taken from their mom and siblings too young.

One suggestion you could try is to say "owwww" in a high pitched tone when she bites or claws you. That is how cats let other cats they are hurting them.

Here's a couple TCS with more info:
How To Stop Playtime Aggression In Cats
Cat Aggression Toward People | TheCatSite

i also wouild like to know how can get claws done without putting up a screaming fit
That's a tough one. My Ruby hates having her paws touched, so I struggle to clip her claws. The only thing I can suggest, is to try to clip one when she is asleep or drowsy, and maybe she won't realize what you're doing right away.

How To Best Take Care Of Cat Claws | TheCatSite

she has scrating post she wont use it she uses our couches insted
Try getting different types of scratchers. Vertical and horizontal.

she also has a bad habit of pooping outside the box
Has she always done this? Is the poop normal formed, or more dry (i.e constipated) or soft (i.e. diarrhea). How many litter boxes do you have? Some cats are quirkly and like to pee in one box and poop in another. So if you only have one litter box, maybe try getting a 2nd one.