Canned pate is liquid?

scoutandmaxine

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I bought a 12 pack of I and love and you canned pate food at the store the other day. I just opened one up and its straight up liquid. I've gotten this kind before and didn't have an issue. It was stored inside the house in the usual spot as the other cans.
What could have caused this? They're not expired. But I definitely don't want to give this to my cats now.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Contact the company and give them the lot / batch number of the can of liquid and ask if there were any production issues. I'd take pictures of the liquid in the can along with the label and lot / batch number as well. And freeze the entire can for now in case the company needs further info.

Give the other cans in the pack a shake. Do they sound like there's a lot of liquid in them as well? Do they have the same lot / batch number of the can of liquid?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

scoutandmaxine

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you for the link!
The salmon variety all sound like they're liquid when I shake the can. The turkey and beef seem okay but I haven't opened up any others yet.
Are the numbers on the bottom of the cans all that I need? I will have to dig the box out of the recycling bin probably too.
20211231_191741.jpg

20211231_191721.jpg

20211231_192034.jpg

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yes, those are the numbers you'll need to give to Customer Service so they can track down that particular batch and any production issue. The box might have a lot / batch number as well. If the beef and turkey sound ok but the all the salmon seems sloshy in the cans, it might be a production issue with just the salmon.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

scoutandmaxine

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Okay great, I've filled out the form. Hopefully I hear back soon. Any idea as to what they'll do about it?
Should I hold off on giving the cats any of the other cans just in case?
Thanks so much for you help!

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hopefully they'll give you a refund or a coupon or something. Yes, hold off on feeding any of the cans from the pack.