Canadians- Where do you buy your Raw food?

jenl

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Any brands or tips? Ideally boneless...if this is possible.

Thanks

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Do you have a Global Pets near you? I know for sure that they carry raw food, but I don't know much about it as I don't feed it myself. They gave me a little sample bag one day when they were promoting the raw diet. Neither of my cats liked it much though.

sugarcatmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

Thanks
Where abouts in Canada do you live? Red Dog Deli makes some excellent raw diets for cats. The rabbit, chicken and turkey contain bone, the beef, kangaroo, and lamb contain buffalo bone powder, and the buffalo, venison and wild boar have no bone products at all (so would need to be supplemented with another calcium source if fed more than 10-15% of the cat's diet).

Natural Instincts is another good one, with some bone-free flavours that contain a vitamin/mineral supplement instead. It's only available in Western Canada though.

maraozza

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

Thanks
You could look for meats on sale at the grocery stores(my personal favorite is Farm Boy, because they sell whole rabbits, cornish hens and quails). Another choice are ethnic stores. They have lower prices and different kind of meats and especially organs, like brain, kidneys, lungs and etc.