Can you cook real food?

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
28 for me....and more to come when/if I take over certain recipes that others in my family make for get togethers.
My mom makes her famous baked beans, so I've never had to learn, but I will when/if I need to. My mom and sister took over making pies when my grandmother could not anymore...my sister's really good at them, but I'll still learn eventually.

Last edited:

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise

No tamales.
I do make grits for Rick, but they're from Quaker.
No tortillas, but I do make my own flatbreads now.
The most I ever cooked for was 60+ people, for Rick's 60th birthday party. I made everything myself, but the cake. I had tons of food in our fridge, in my neighbors' fridges, and in my sister's fridge!

BromeliadsInBloom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
For the yes responses, it's at 37.
* Since most in the home are not big fans of beef, I've never made a meatloaf and have yet to whip out the ice cream maker and actually use it. And cooking for 30+ people all at once is admirable but quite a daunting task 😉

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
For the yes responses, it's at 37.
* Since most in the home are not big fans of beef, I've never made a meatloaf and have yet to whip out the ice cream maker and actually use it. And cooking for 30+ people all at once is admirable but quite a daunting task 😉
I cooked for about 8 people once and I thought I was going to lose my mind, even though I wasn't the only one cooking! I can't imagine making a big meal for all those people on my own!