Can Someone Tell Me What Kind Of Cat I Have

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
He would be a blue Domestic Longhair, since he doesn’t have papers. The shelter staff does often get the breed IDing wrong, unfortunately. In my experience, shelters will label any longhaired cat as a Persian. I don’t see any Persian in him, as he doesn’t have that brachycephalic face, and his muzzle is also too long for even a “doll face” Persian. He also doesn’t appear to have that stocky body we see with Persians. He’s cute no matter what you call him!

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Agree. Want just to add he is a tabby patterned so blue tabby domestic longhair. Very sweet and nice!

JamesCalifornia

Mr.Mom to a house of cats 😇😼
Top Cat
Purraise
~ Wow - what a beauty . Don't know breeds . I would just describe him as "Happy Cat" ! :catrub:

Ceracera

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
His head looks like a somali. When i was in university, i had a silver somali who had a head like that. His fur was different though.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Good catch! Blue somAli is a common variation. Ticked tabby another. But hw is striped? So he cant be purebred. But is a
His head looks like a somali. When i was in university, i had a silver somali who had a head like that. His fur was different though.
decent look alike and possibly a natural son.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

purrple

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you for all your input, guys!