Can I Stop The Raw Diet Like This?

samyoz

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I've had a car accident and got my both hands broken.
I've been in the hospital for the last 7 days, I was missing my cats and worried so much about them.
I signed out today and when I got home I found out that the raw food is about to run out -2 days left-
currently, I can't make raw food at all, I think i can replace it with canned food for a month.
will it be okay? should I expect troubles?
any advice?

Neo_23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I’m not sure about stopping raw food but why not just buy commercially ready raw food that is a complete meal? You can buy it frozen or freeze dried.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ouch! Hope you heal well :vibes:

Can a relative or neighbor help with making the raw food?:think: Or ask the vet office if a tech could help you out?

Commercial raw cat food would work in a pinch for now. The medallion are easy to serve once thawed.

nuieng

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hope you are getting better.

If you change the food from 100% raw to 100% canned without transition, a cat can have diarrhea. I will avoid this change. I would buy commercial frozen raw or freeze dried raw food instead of changing to canned food. My cats have no issue switching among different types of raw diet.

If you have to use canned food, please consider adding probiotics or digestive enzymes to the food. It will help forming the poops faster.

valentine319

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
If you need a probiotic assuming you might have to switch to canned tummyworks sold on Amazon is great.
TummyWorks Probiotics Powder for Dogs & Cats, 160 Scoops

lalagimp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a bag of Nature's Variety raw medallions in the freezer I use when I don't have my home made done in time. It has fruits and veggies in it and needs to have water added because my cat takes so much longer to chew and swallow them. The cans have less plant matter in them. My bub is a bit of a jerk. He knows he only gets raw, but he'll get into the girls' feeder whenever he can by shoving one of them out of the way and then holding their feeder open with his head while it's trying to close. He ends up eating kibble, canned, shreds, reconstituted freeze dried, and his raw. It never seems to bother his stomach, but he's not very typical.

maureen brad

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I think switching back to cans will be fine. You can always sprinkle some probiotics on the food. Many people switch off between canned and raw.Sorry about your hands. That must be painful. Hope you have a quick recovery.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have a bag of Nature's Variety raw medallions in the freezer I use when I don't have my home made done in time. It has fruits and veggies in it and needs to have water added because my cat takes so much longer to chew and swallow them.
My cats gobble up wthe NV medallions with no problem at all. I smush the each medallion up with a spoon and I don't add water. I don't think my cats even chew, even if the medallion is still a little frozen in the middle :rolleyes: