Calling All Pate Lovers!!

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My guys do not like pate. they prefer shreds, like Tiki, or some minced foods. The only pate they will Sometimes eat are the fancy feast classics. :rolleyes: You hear good and bad about FF, but the classics are a good staple for a lot of cats, IMO.

There is a newer food i have been trying, and i really dont know what i would call it, its more like cream of soup, with some VERY fine ground meat. My guys suck out all of the cream of, and it leaves a pile of what kind of looks like pate, not really sure..lol.:headscratch: But they do go back and eat it, they dont just leave it to dry out like they do pate. Its the Caru classics. The only one i have gotten so far is the salmon and turkey, chewy has been out of the rest, but i think they have them today, so will try the chicken soon. I dont know what texture i would call this food?

ScubaSkater

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My two kittens aren’t picky but they do love Holistic select chicken pate more than all the other brands I have tried. It’s decently priced if you get the big cans.

sweetblackpaws

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My girls have eaten Fancy Feast classic pates for years, and the seafood pate. I buy the sliced morsels, too, for a variety, but they prefer the pates.

I have also tried Purina "Beyond" grain-free pates and they liked it.

Friskies pate is good, too.

Daisy6

A cat's best friend
Super Cat
Purraise
Bonita, that was a short post.

I would not quit on a recipe just because the cat threw up one time. She could have eaten it too fast. Compare the ingredients after chicken and turkey.

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Duck, what texture does the company call it?
they call it stew. to me stew has chunks, this is a smooth, cream of soup look, with some very fine ground meat. Looks more like cream of salmon soup to me. Cats like it what ever it is...:wavey:

Daisy6

A cat's best friend
Super Cat
Purraise
Take a picture of the food before your cats start eating and post it here.

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Take a picture of the food before your cats start eating and post it here.
I keep meaning to do that, i feed this in the morning, and not always quite awake enough to remember :)

BonitaBaby

Emotional Support Cat "Owner"
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Bonita, that was a short post.

I would not quit on a recipe just because the cat threw up one time. She could have eaten it too fast. Compare the ingredients after chicken and turkey.
Ah, nooo! I tried the Wellness CORE chicken and chicken liver on my cat this morning when she woke me up at 4 AM. I went back to sleep to discover she threw up when I woke up later. Seems like she is allergic to something in the cans. I'll have to try to figure out what. The weird thing is that ate the chicken, turkey, and chicken liver just fine.

MeganLLB

Accidental Ailurophile
Top Cat
Purraise
Chicken and beef are their favorite flavors. American Journey from Chewy and FF are the favorites right now. They did like Wellness. I sometimes get Iams, Sheba, or Nutro when on sale. Right now eating Friskies because of budgeting. They like certain flavors of pate that have chicken.

Daisy6

A cat's best friend
Super Cat
Purraise
Is it possible to find a list of all wet cat foods that are available in pate?