Calling All Pate Lovers!!

mikameek

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Mika is eating up a storm again and I'm so thrilled to have her eating as much as she is, as often as she is.

She still refuses morsels, slices or anything of that sort but pate she will go down on! I've gotten her Fancy Feast, Whole Earth, Nutro (which some flavors weren't a hit but, whatever) and I was looking at retrying Merrick. I haven't looked a Blue Buffalo.

What brands do your pate lovers like and what flavors?

MissMolly08

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My cat doesn't eat shreds either. If I give her something with chunks or morsels, she licks off the gravy and leaves all of the meat.
We are really just doing Friskies pate right now due to budget but she has eaten and enjoyed Fancy Feast, Pro plan true nature, merrick Rabbit pate, 4health Turkey & giblets and Dave's in the past.

RajaNMizu

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
This week we are enjoying Canidae's rabbit pate, Nutro's salmon and duck and Halo salmon. The only textured food they seem to like are Tiki's otherwise it's always pate.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mika is eating up a storm again and I'm so thrilled to have her eating as much as she is, as often as she is.

She still refuses morsels, slices or anything of that sort but pate she will go down on! I've gotten her Fancy Feast, Whole Earth, Nutro (which some flavors weren't a hit but, whatever) and I was looking at retrying Merrick. I haven't looked a Blue Buffalo.

What brands do your pate lovers like and what flavors?
My IBD dude still loves FF classic pates!!!!
6 months ago he went off Wellness canned pate when he became ill, and I'm actually thinking of trying it again because rotation, etc.
The pate cans are nice because they're big, like a dog food can, and I can get them for under $3.00.
IDK if Wellness is a "good" company or not, but I've never had issues.
:crossfingers::crossfingers::crossfingers::crossfingers::crossfingers::crossfingers:I-DON'T-WANNA-JINX-IT:crossfingers::crossfingers::crossfingers::crossfingers::crossfingers::crossfingers::crossfingers:

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tractor Supply's 4Health pate (the chicken), it seems to be the only pate' on the PLANET that mister Big Guy will deign to eat LOL
If he's anything like my picky ones I've had, he'll say "yes, anything on the PLANET. THE. PLANET. Earth, you know. I hear there's a great new food on Jupiter that sounds like it might suit me. It MIGHT. Here's your oxygen tank and helmet, NASA is waiting for you.
Oh, and I expect you back by 6."
:flail:

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
There are some pate foods here: Canned Cat food Spreadsheets

Nature's Variety Instinct Originals, Ultimate Protein, and LID are pate. Wild Calling, Koha, and Hounds and Gatos are pate.

There are many others, sometimes labeled as "entree" or "pate" or "dinner: Purina ONE, Purina Muse, Merrick Purrfect Bistro, Holistic Select, Halo, Iams Purrfect Delights, Sheba, Wellness, Natural Balance, Fromm, Castor and Pollux, Louts, Nutro....

Daisy6

A cat's best friend
Super Cat
Purraise
I just tried a shredded recipe on Daisy today by accident. I meant to get a pate one at Petsmart. Daisy loved the odor and almost ate it, but quickly decided she does not like shreds.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No idea on the integrity of the company, or ingredients, but I know a few people who feed Natural Balance canned and I'm pretty sure it's pate, and they seem happy =)
My IBD guy LOVES shreds, grills, etc, but it seems to mess him up a bit so it's a special treat if that.
The FF classic he likes best is the chicken and liver, and I do wonder if the liver doesn't aid his uh...digestive woes (constipation).
If it's plain chicken pate night, we sneak him a bit of raw chicken liver...

Daisy6

A cat's best friend
Super Cat
Purraise
Natural Balance probably has all textures. I had to look for a pate container of it.

2BSH

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Mine eat pates. I feed merrick purrfect bistro pates. They love them. I feed all the non fish flavors. I feed whole earth farms duck and beef. Nutro perfect portions chicken, chicken liver and shrimp. Nutro chunky chicken. Purina pro plan true nature pates ( chicken, chicken liver and beef and giblets). Fancy feast turkey and giblets. My cats eat other consistencies but will not touch shreds like tiki (unfortunately).

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My vet recommended pates, so that's what I feed. Lily will eat anything, and I do mean ANYTHING, so she's no problem, but Mingo can't tolerate fish, so I feed them poultry and beef Sheba or Fancy Feast.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mine eats pâtés because it feels like I get the most for my money. I feed Wellness and she seems to like it well enough.

Daisy6

A cat's best friend
Super Cat
Purraise
Mine eats pâtés because it feels like I get the most for my money. I feed Wellness and she seems to like it well enough.
Yeah, when I open a can with any other texture it seems do have less food than if I serve a pate one.

BonitaBaby

Emotional Support Cat "Owner"
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My kitty likes pates the best. Is now eating some cuts in gravy and flaked though. She started off eating Iams kitten pate even though she was an adult when I adopted her. Then I had to switch her to Fancy Feast Classic pates. She's very picky and stops eating her wet food often. She started just eating the F.F. turkey with giblets and chicken with liver before she stopped. I then got her on the Sheba pate portions. I don't remember what flavors but she doesn't like fish and seafood. Then, I got her on Nutro turkey pate and would rotate in some other flavors to try to keep her from getting bored, but she did anyway. She likes turkey the best.

In between, I tried to feed her more expensive brands and different flavors, but she didn't like them. Recently, she started eating Wellness CORE pate and seemed to like them a lot this time. I'm sure I tried at least one on her before. She ate the chicken, turkey, and chicken liver pate just fine, but threw up this morning on the Wellness CORE turkey and chicken liver. I'm planning on trying more Wellness CORE flavors on her as well as other companies' pates. Sorry for the long post.

KarenKat

Kitty on the half shell, tortie power!
Top Cat
Purraise
Olive likes all food, lol, including Pate. She really likes the Rawz, especially the beef flavor. All three of our guys like Life’s Abundance (only available shipped from their website). Dr Elsey’s Pate was also enjoyed, it has a much softer texture than the regular Pate texture. Olive also likes the Hound And Gatos Gamebird flavor (but curiously not the other flavors lol).