Calling all knitters and other woolly things.

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
GranolaLouise GranolaLouise and iPappy iPappy thank you! I'm very pleased with it. Very easy pattern after getting the set-up rows done for the ribbing and main part, and the yarn looks much better worked than in the skein.

Now I'll need to make a nice scarf to go with it, because it's not made to close, and it's definitely a winter cardie.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
GranolaLouise GranolaLouise and iPappy iPappy thank you! I'm very pleased with it. Very easy pattern after getting the set-up rows done for the ribbing and main part, and the yarn looks much better worked than in the skein.

Now I'll need to make a nice scarf to go with it, because it's not made to close, and it's definitely a winter cardie.
Speaking of, I did manage to knit my Mom a scarf and a large blanket for Christmas. Very simple stuff for a beginner.
It was funny. She opened the scarf, and said it was beautiful. She tried it on, was messing around with it and chatting away. I said "You do realize that is hand made, right?" and she loved that. She asked who made it and I just raised my hand! Part of the surprise was telling her what I've learned and she was really impressed. (I started toying around with yarn in April or so, and keeping it a secret all this time was not easy.)
Then, when the blanket came out, she REALLY liked it and I told her I'd made it too and for a minute she thought I was messing with her. She was like "Oh, yeah, sure" but when she realized I'd made it she loved it even more!

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Speaking of, I did manage to knit my Mom a scarf and a large blanket for Christmas. Very simple stuff for a beginner.
It was funny. She opened the scarf, and said it was beautiful. She tried it on, was messing around with it and chatting away. I said "You do realize that is hand made, right?" and she loved that. She asked who made it and I just raised my hand! Part of the surprise was telling her what I've learned and she was really impressed. (I started toying around with yarn in April or so, and keeping it a secret all this time was not easy.)
Then, when the blanket came out, she REALLY liked it and I told her I'd made it too and for a minute she thought I was messing with her. She was like "Oh, yeah, sure" but when she realized I'd made it she loved it even more!
That's brilliant! So glad she loves it and appreciates all your effort and learning.

GranolaLouise

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Knitting is helping me after the loss of my Louise 2 weeks ago on Jan 8th.
Here is my pullover I knit during her time of suffering. I finished it over the weekend.Lots of memories ..she 'helped' me knit this as she lay in front of me on the table out on the sunporch when she was feeling up to it.
Pattern recipe by Deb Gemmell Need a Circular Yoke Pullover book.
yarn..Cascade 220 worsted. IMG_1060.JPG IMG_1062.JPG Louise primary.JPG
US 9, US 7

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Knitting is helping me after the loss of my Louise 2 weeks ago on Jan 8th.
Here is my pullover I knit during her time of suffering. I finished it over the weekend.Lots of memories ..she 'helped' me knit this as she lay in front of me on the table out on the sunporch when she was feeling up to it.
Pattern recipe by Deb Gemmell Need a Circular Yoke Pullover book.
yarn..Cascade 220 worsted.View attachment 468633View attachment 468634View attachment 468635
US 9, US 7
That is beautiful, and I'm sure holds a meaningful significance for you. The green matches Louise's beautiful eyes. :hugs:

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had a lovely surprise at knitting on Tuesday. One of the group is an upholsterer and has started making project bags and backpacks from offcuts from her job. I ordered one and bought a canvas-linen mix print material from Etsy - and this is the result! I just love it.

D3E54CFC-C867-4208-819F-758B854C8868.jpeg

D722E109-329B-41BE-B030-35CF951C7B7E.jpeg

... So does Daisy. 😺

8EEF201B-7669-4BA4-98FF-1E39DB9CF1F9.jpeg

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I had a lovely surprise at knitting on Tuesday. One of the group is an upholsterer and has started making project bags and backpacks from offcuts from her job. I ordered one and bought a canvas-linen mix print material from Etsy - and this is the result! I just love it.

View attachment 469296
View attachment 469297

... So does Daisy. 😺

View attachment 469298
Oh, I love that! I have so many "black cat" things (towels, shirts, etc.) I've collected over the years due to Goofy and Sarah's litter. It's strange thinking I started out with 4, and now, am down to one.
I'm glad Daisy approves!