Buprenex After Dental Surgery

Luna10

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hey guys! My 5 year felv+ girl got a full mouth extraction tuesday. She wasn't doing well or eating yesterday so i took her to the vet today. She got an infection. They gave her new antibiotic. (Injected it.) Fluids and Gave me .07 Buprenex to take along with onsior.

Today was the first day she really ate and seemed a little better! Amen!! She's still sore and not eating alot alot but she made progress.
We gave her the buprenex tonight and she Fell asleep shortly after. This is the most comfortable she's been in the last 2 days. She just looks so peaceful. I know buprenex can make them sleepy. But does it wear off pretty easily? I don't want her to be all sedated and stuff tomorrow.

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I dont know how long she will be sleepy. But if it makes her comfortable i think its good. Pain and stress can do very bad things to cats!

I hope she is feeling better soon!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Here is a funny thing about pain and illnesses...they heal faster while we sleep. No one knows why, unless perhaps dealing with pain takes away healing energy from the actual healing process. That's the reason for medically induced comas, often. So even if your baby is sleeping tomorrow, she will be healing all the faster!