Bump On Lower Lip

mackstarr

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi,
My cat has this bump on his lower lip. It is hardly noticeable and doesn’t seem to bother him, but odd. What I found when researching says it’s caused by an allergy, but nothing has changed in our daily life so I don’t know what it could be caused by.

Attachments

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mackstarr

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I’m wondering if maybe it could be caused by playing too rough with his sister as they do this quite often?

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Is it on the right side when looking directly at the pic? If so, it does not look like the skin was broken, swollen or infected. It is possible it could have been caused by playing roughly with his sister but hard for me to say. You would be the best judge of that since you live with both of them. I would suggest keeping an eye on it for now and if you notice it getting worse then reassess his lower lip and contact your vet or send a pic to them. Best of luck, fingers crossed. :crossfingers:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mackstarr

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Is it on the right side when looking directly at the pic? If so, it does not look like the skin was broken, swollen or infected. It is possible it could have been caused by playing roughly with his sister but hard for me to say. You would be the best judge of that since you live with both of them. I would suggest keeping an eye on it for now and if you notice it getting worse then reassess his lower lip and contact your vet or send a pic to them. Best of luck, fingers crossed. :crossfingers:
Thanks for the response. It’s been a few days now and it has gone back to normal. It is the small bump right in the middle of his bottom lip.