Bump on chin please help

lavishsqualor

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That looks like feline acne to me. Do you use plastic bowls for water and food? If so that could be the culprit. Plastic harbors bacteria. I've heard of people treating feline acne with everything from chlorhexidine to Listerine to Stridex pads. It's fairly simple to resolve and a simple Google search will give you lots of information. Let us know how she does.

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
At a brief glance it looks like chin acne. With any wounds it is always wise to get a vet to see it in person to be sure. Chin acne though is very similar to human acne in that pores get clogged causing bumps. If you are using any plastic dishes, switch to glass or steel and wash them daily. More stubborn cases may need medication from a vet to clear.

If there is any bleeding, pus or it gets worse even after switching please see a vet.

amandag1

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Looks like acne! If you are using any plastic bowls switch those out

I have heard vetericyn gel/ spray works well too!

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I brought in a kitten recently that had similar bumps. A vet check can relieve any concerns you may have. I always suggest that for any unknown issue. With the kitten it did go away once her immune system was no longer stressed. The glass or metal dishes are always best.

CatGuyAZ

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My girl cat Frisky had something like this years ago also. I brought her to the vet, and it was chin acne, as the others have written already. The vet said to stop using a plastic bowl (which I did) and prescribed some oral antibiotics, and it cleared it right up. Her chin had swollen up, and he gently squeezed it and got the pus out, which I did at home a couple times until it was no longer necessary. I can't remember if he said to do anything locally with the acne site or not, but I do remember giving her pills. It cleared up in a week or so and never came back with the new bowl.