Bump on Cheek

wrs2

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Today I noticed my cat has a bump, feels like a human pimple, on her cheek. It's in the skin, because I can move it from under the cheekbone to over the cheek bone, and you can not see it because it is not coming out from her hair. It was definitely not there over the weekend.

I am thinking if it is still there by Friday she would have to go to the vets, but it's just weird that it is all of a sudden here when it wasn't a couple of days ago.

Any ideas what it could be?

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. How old is she (sometimes it helps to know). No other bumps like it on her anywhere else? Does she go outside? Maybe a bug bite? Could also be a wart or even a cyst. I would just watch it and see if it grows any, breaks open, or if she starts bothering it - scratching or pawing at it. Keep us posted!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

wrs2

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi. She will be 15 in May. There are no other bumps on her. She does not go outside. It could be a bug bite. I noticed some small food ants in the house in one of my exotic animal terrariums. She doesn't seem to be bothered by it,but when I touched it, she moved her head away. Another family member said she was rough housing with our kitten a couple of days ago.I wonder if she got a small injury from the other cats nail?

The cat was just at the vets 2 weeks ago for a stomach bug and had an exam, nothing was mentioned by the vet and I always pet her cheeks and it was definitely not there last week.