Bump Behind Ear

catsareok

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi All, My cat Minca is almost 19 now, my question, has anyones cat ever had a bump behind
the ear? it started like a small growth, she was at the vet couple months ago, the vet thought nothing of it, anyway it has gotten bigger, and feels soft, almost like a boil, like you can pop,
it definitely bothers her. shakes her head, twitches, just licks her side randomly,

I do have a vet appointment , hate to put her through, some kind of surgical procedure, other than that she is pretty good, except scared to death of out 1.5 year old kitty Lucy( keep separated) a ferrell I rescued as a kitten, I call her the maniac lol she is crazy still.

thanks Rick

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Veteran
Purraise
Hi! It's good that you're getting in to the vet again. If you don't come away from that feeling as though they've given that bump the appropriate attention, possibly consider a different vet.

Can you try some calming music for Minca? There's classical harp music, there's an app called Relax My Cat, and MusicForCats.com

Also there are some calming products on the market that could help

Richard's Organics Pet Calm-those are drops that you put on the tip of their tongue. Quiet Moments Cat treats, there is Calming Care, Calm-o-mile, Sentry, Natures Miracle calming spray, Vetri-Science's Composure is another item to look at, Pet Remedy (it has valerian) is yet another, as is Essential Pet Pet-ease, Only Natural Pet (brand and website) has a calming product, Pet Naturals also has one I believe.
Also Thunderease has diffusers as does Sentry.
You might want to check with your vet, but some people have good results with CBD oil.
Lambert Vet Supply is a website to look at, and of course chewy, also there's Petwishpros, drsfostersmith, animaleo.

There is also a product called a lickimat. You can put spreadable foods on it, even unflavored yogurt, even freeze it--licking can help calm a cat as well :).
Lickimat™ Soother

Calming Treats For A Very Picky Cat

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:hearthrob: :goldstar: 19 years old! Whooo! :goldstar: :cheerleader: :hearthrob:

Yes, I'm glad a vet visit is in the works -- you can just never be too sure about little lumps and bumps at that age (or any age, really).

My last cat had a little bump, or nodule, as I called it, right in front of her left ear. Almost like a skin tag. It didn't really bother my cat physcially. She was about 12 yrs old at the time. Our vet, after looking at it, said to watch it very closely for any changes and then to contact her if there were changes in size or color, or if it seemed that my cat was ever bothered by it -- she could then remove it and have it biopsied. You'll definitely need to consult your own vet and have he/she look at your cat's particular bump and then let you know the way forward. Elderly cats can have physical and health changes happen at a fairly rapid rate, so it's often good to give them a vet visit about every 6 months or so.
:goodluck:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catsareok

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
thanks for the replies took her to the vet today, ended up not being cancerous, did a fine needle aspirate, she said don't worry bout it.. still there, but they comed her and got a flea what!!!!! indoor cat only. gave her a treatment once,, in 16 years, what the heck, wife must have brought them in.. just kidding.. lil nervous to put the poison on her at this age.. I have petlock2,, what do ya'll think?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catsareok

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I used the petlock worked ok on both cats, I do have some Advantage2
also about this bump, it is even bigger now, was wondering also, she twitches like she got a jolt, ever see cats do this, she will be 19, I am not going to stress her out at the vet everytime something happens, I may try another vet I have in mind, only thing 22 miles away, she hates her carrier and the truck.. vet said do not worry about the bump it is not bothering her, it is still growing, like pussball, sorry so late on a reply happy new years

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Veteran
Purraise
Hi! Can you obtain some calming products? There are even sprays that you can use on and in the carrier, and even in the truck, along with calming music (there's Relax My Cats, or MusicForCats . com) to help relax your furbaby.

:vibes::crossfingers: