Bugsy is in surgery - Vibes please...

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My heart is on my throat... I left my baby at the dentist today for his dental and possible surgery (if needed)... He will be back at 3:30 - 4pm...
I am so worried about my baby... please please send me all the vibes you can possibly send his way
After today he will be put on medicine for life - once a day/ proprietary blend/cocktail, (already available pharmaceutical meds). I trust them - people come from all over the US to get their cats treated with them.
As far as the dental, they use Isoflurane and gas for anesthesia, and also pre-IV for fluids and full vital monitoring... They also do a pre-op blood test; so as far as safety, I feel I got all basis covered...

I just feel like I betrayed his trust by taking him there first thing in the morning
and putting him through so much pain... My baby boy...

Please please send him vibes...
Today is also his Gotcha day

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Happy Gotcha Day Bugsy! And HAPPY SOON TO BE FREE OF MOUTH PAIN DAY!!

I'll be thinking of you and Bugsy. It's awful leaving them isn't it? But when it's all over, he will be like a new cat. Whoohoo!!

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good Luck.
I hope he will be ok.
I feel the same way with Wrinkles.
We dropped her off at 8 amd she was scared and shivering.
I also have the vet a list of what not to use.
Sphynx have bad reactions to meds.
I have a headache already.

darkmavis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mega vibes for an uneventful dental and a full recovery for Bugsy!! And Happy Gotcha Day!!!

And more vibes for Wrinkles!!

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by carolinalima

My heart is on my throat... I left my baby at the dentist today for his dental and possible surgery (if needed)... He will be back at 3:30 - 4pm...
I am so worried about my baby... please please send me all the vibes you can possibly send his way
After today he will be put on medicine for life - once a day/ proprietary blend/cocktail, (already available pharmaceutical meds). I trust them - people come from all over the US to get their cats treated with them.
As far as the dental, they use Isoflurane and gas for anesthesia, and also pre-IV for fluids and full vital monitoring... They also do a pre-op blood test; so as far as safety, I feel I got all basis covered...

I just feel like I betrayed his trust by taking him there first thing in the morning
and putting him through so much pain... My baby boy...

Please please send him vibes...
Today is also his Gotcha day
Here are some heartfelt vibes from all of us: Everything is going to be fine, Bugsy!

proudmamiof4

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Happy Gotcha day Bugsy! what a great present to be free of mouth pain. Tons of Mega vibes all goes well with his procedure :vi bes:

Hang in there Carolina, your baby will be back at home safe and happy with you in no time

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by otto

Happy Gotcha Day Bugsy! And HAPPY SOON TO BE FREE OF MOUTH PAIN DAY!!

I'll be thinking of you and Bugsy. It's awful leaving them isn't it? But when it's all over, he will be like a new cat. Whoohoo!!

Oh my God... SOOOOOO hard.... I barely could sleep last night... And now I can barely think straight... I just keep thinking that he will be so much happier when he is better - like he will be able to eat wet food and not be bothered by it (it gets stuck in his gums, and he doesn't like it
)... Things like this... Just to KNOW that he is not in pain... His gums would bleed sometimes... He was in pain... Now he will not be anymore

Originally Posted by mews2much

Good Luck.
I hope he will be ok.
I feel the same way with Wrinkles.
We dropped her off at 8 amd she was scared and shivering.
I also have the vet a list of what not to use.
Sphynx have bad reactions to meds.
I have a headache already.
for your baby girl... please keep us posted...

Originally Posted by DarkMavis

Mega vibes for an uneventful dental and a full recovery for Bugsy!! And Happy Gotcha Day!!!

And more vibes for Wrinkles!!
Thanks

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Happy Gotcha day Bugsy, I hope the surgery goes well

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Thanks Carolinia and Dark Mavis.
I hope Bugsy is ok.
Has the vet called you?
I called them at 1:05, and they were running late... poor Bugsy... must be sooooooo hungry! They said they will call me as soon they put him under to tell me he is stable under the anesthesia...
I am soo freaking out right now... My back is on big lump!

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is terrible you ahve to wait so long.
Let me know as soon as you hear anything.
At least we are both smart enough to tell the vet what meds not to use.

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

That is terrible you ahve to wait so long.
Let me know as soon as you hear anything.
At least we are both smart enough to tell the vet what meds not to use.
I know.... I just called them again... He is still waiting... The only thing I worry about is that he hasn't eaten since last night at 10pm. The vet just assured me that he is ok, and that he will be ok - he will be on an IV the whole time, and for me to not worry... HOW can I not worry??

I guess is the hurry up and wait kind of deal

You know, but they are the best place in Dallas... and if that is what I need to put up with it... I will...
They were able to fit me in super quickly, and arecharging me 1/2 price after all...
PLUS: If he needs extractions, no matter how many, they will not charge me, as she promised...

So.... I need to be a goo girl and wait... ohmmmmmmm ohmmmmmm

Ms. Freya

Advisor
Veteran
Purraise
for you and Bugsy. It takes everything I have not to cry when ever I've had to leave Cotton for his dentals. Lots of good for Biugsy that everything will go smoothly and he'll be home soon.