Brought a stray/feral cat in and now he won’t leave his carrier

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

meownomania

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It's important thst he drinks,more so than eating- he's urinating well so he must be drinking- keep an eye on the water if you can and keep it away from the food- like a triangle
i recently moved his food a little further from his litter box and i kinda have it set up in a triangle. Is it ok that the water is on the counter? i have like a little water fountain thing for cats and the only outlet is there. Would it be better to just put it on the floor in a regular bowl?

meownomania

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
meownomania meownomania any updates for us? How are things going?
Snap is doing great actually! he’s actually cuddling in my bed with me right now! He let me pet him for the first time about a week ago and ever since then he’s been making lots of progress. He has almost full access to my apartment now, he’s starting to play and he's eating and using the bathroom consistently. His current favorite place is my windowsill :)! He has become super clingy and loves cuddles and pets. He follows my partner and i around the house and is quite the crybaby! DF146991-7483-41FC-9A5C-00402D03E539.png 08F64771-440E-4636-90DC-9D41F0C3524A.jpeg DD376293-7A80-4500-8FD0-214338B234A9.jpeg 6902F88E-D80A-48DF-96BC-31AFFC538273.jpeg 84228C79-20B9-4BC7-99CC-31EF7EA150A1.jpeg

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Snap is doing great actually! he’s actually cuddling in my bed with me right now! He let me pet him for the first time about a week ago and ever since then he’s been making lots of progress. He has almost full access to my apartment now, he’s starting to play and he's eating and using the bathroom consistently. His current favorite place is my windowsill :)! He has become super clingy and loves cuddles and pets. He follows my partner and i around the house and is quite the crybaby!
Wonderful update! His face is a clingy and cuddle face :hearthrob::redheartpump:

meownomania

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Any new updates about Snap meownomania meownomania ?
Hi! He got neutered about a month ago, and then, about two weeks later, he spent a week in the woods outside my apartment because he made a run for it while I was taking out the trash (I'm so careful now). After about a week he decided he was ready to come back inside and let me pick him up and put him in a carrier to bring him in. He became quite famous while he spent his time outside, everyone would always ask about him, and I'd have to explain why my cat wasn't letting me get near him or pick him up 😭 . I'm really glad he isn't the type to wonder because I don't know what I'd do if I lost him. He's now back inside and more playful than ever and doing really well! He loves food; he'll yell the whole time I'm making his food and me right under my feet. He's super clingy, though, and if I ever close the door on him, even like a glass shower door, he'll start crying, but I'm hoping he'll begin to realize we'll always come back with time.

Attachments

Last edited:

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Hi! He got neutered about a month ago, and then, about two weeks later, he spent a week in the woods outside my apartment because he made a run for it while I was taking out the trash (I'm so careful now). After about a week he decided he was ready to come back inside and let me pick him up and put him in a carrier to bring him in. He became quite famous while he spent his time outside, everyone would always ask about him, and I'd have to explain why my cat wasn't letting me get near him or pick him up 😭 . I'm really glad he isn't the type to wonder because I don't know what I'd do if I lost him. He's now back inside and more playful than ever and doing really well! He loves food; he'll yell the whole time I'm making his food and me right under my feet. He's super clingy, though, and if I ever close the door on him, even like a glass shower door, he'll start crying, but I'm hoping he'll begin to realize we'll always come back with time.
Glad that he’s back home. I think he realized that he should not have made the dash out and there’s nothing like home out there.

meownomania

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
meownomania meownomania

Any updates on the kitty?
Snap is doing great! His favorite spot at the moment is on my laptop (only when i’m using it) and he’s been playing with his toys more then ever lately! He let me trim his nails with almost no difficulty the other day, so i’m very happy about that. He had the beggings of a UTI or symptoms of a UTI induced by stress about a month ago but after a vet visit, he’s doing much better! I love him so much, this is my first time having a cat and it’s so sweet having something care about me so much that it will cry when i close the door to use the bathroom 😂. Im actually very surprised with how well, and quickly he adjusted to being indoors, its crazy to me that i’ll never know what he experienced for the first few years of his life LOL

Attachments

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Snap is doing great! His favorite spot at the moment is on my laptop (only when i’m using it) and he’s been playing with his toys more then ever lately! He let me trim his nails with almost no difficulty the other day, so i’m very happy about that. He had the beggings of a UTI or symptoms of a UTI induced by stress about a month ago but after a vet visit, he’s doing much better! I love him so much, this is my first time having a cat and it’s so sweet having something care about me so much that it will cry when i close the door to use the bathroom 😂. Im actually very surprised with how well, and quickly he adjusted to being indoors, its crazy to me that i’ll never know what he experienced for the first few years of his life LOL
He's so cute- Very happy to here you are BOTH crazy about each other.....ahhhhh,Blessings❤