Broadline

noani

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone, I have two questions:

Does anyone have experience with broadline over an extended period of time?
And: do you know if it's available again? I know there was a bottle neck or stop in production by the manufacturer. Just wondering if it should be back on market.

I'm not a fan of products that have SO much in them but it seems like we do have quite a bit of a mix of everything with this semi feral I took in.

Both cats (resident and newcomer) have had frontline last week and drontal now. I was thinking about going back to broadline for a few months in a couple weeks to make sure we get everything.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
I do not. It is from a New Zealand based company? I can see your concern that it has four ingredients, but I have no experience with it. Hopefully others might respond?

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I used to apply those spot on vials on my cats, but it has been discontinued as far as I know. That's so bad, since I think it was one of the best on the market.
Now I'm using Stronghold.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

noani

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My vet told me they brought out a new product to replace broadline, called nexguard or something like that, which is identical to the old broadline?
I'm going in on Thursday and will ask her for more info about it, we've just had phone consultations while Yoda was being treated by the clinic vets still.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

noani

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Repeating the gist of my post: there is a new product by same manufacturer, Boehringer. The new one is called Nexgard, requires prescription in Italy at least, and is EMA approved. According to their website, and some independent studies I've read, they seem to cover basically everything except fungi. Should be available internationally according to their website.
Easy to apply as it comes in syringe which allows easy handling and you can squeeze out all in one go. No need to chase kitty after the first drop for the remaining two (as with frontline).