Bringing a Feral Cat Inside

poohandpunky

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
PXL_20230801_130032853.jpg

This is me and "Fluff" enjoying the morning on my screened in porch. Fluff was a member of a small feral colony that lived in a wooded ravine. I fed them for over 10 years and was never able to touch any of them. When we were preparing to move out of town about 2 years ago I decided to bring the last 3 colony cats with me as inside cats. I started with Fluff and after working with her she has turned out to be the most wonderful cat. My point is, it can be done. I think the bonding moves along more quickly when working with a solitary cat. The other 2 cats are taking more time as they seem to feed off each other's fear of me. Just wanted to pass along my experience and thoughts.

dahlia

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thank you for posting this. I love reading about happy outcomes.

shadowsrescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thank you for sharing your story. I too moved a few years ago and brought 3 of my remaining feral cats to live inside. The most feral of them all is now a lap kitty. It can be done. It just takes time and patience.

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
This is me and "Fluff" enjoying the morning on my screened in porch. Fluff was a member of a small feral colony that lived in a wooded ravine. I fed them for over 10 years and was never able to touch any of them. When we were preparing to move out of town about 2 years ago I decided to bring the last 3 colony cats with me as inside cats. I started with Fluff and after working with her she has turned out to be the most wonderful cat. My point is, it can be done. I think the bonding moves along more quickly when working with a solitary cat. The other 2 cats are taking more time as they seem to feed off each other's fear of me. Just wanted to pass along my experience and thoughts.
f0fc230e77ad2d0013ef3c49d8153740.gif
for looking after the community cats and also bringing Fluff along with you and for giving her a warm and fur-ever loving home and a safe sanctuary to live out her life :clapcat:

Hope this would be an encouragement for all to help bring in strays and ferals in to homes.