Bring In The Calypso

morganlee107

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Sorry for the cheesy title, I was trying to be clever :biggrin:

So my furbaby that I'd had since I was 12 passed away back in February. I grieved and waited to graduate before I contemplated another kitty. I graduated May 12th and that Monday I went to a nearby SPCA and fell in love. To honor Captain Jack Sparrow (RIP) I told myself that I'd do another Pirates of the Caribbean name so everyone please meet Calypso! (Cal or Callie for short)

She was rescued as a stray, she's 1 1/2 years old (birthday is December 9th, 2016 by my calculations), had kittens and was spayed not long before I adopted her. She's been home for 3 days now, she's very lovely and talkative, constantly crying and chirping for my attention. She's still a little skitish and likes hiding in my closet or under my bed. She's interested in my sisters cat (12) but she's afraid of the dog. She's still isolated to my room and is becoming more confident. I already love her so much, she's such a pretty mama :hearthrob:

Boris Diamond

Cat Valet
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome to The Cat Site. :dazzler: Calypso is beautiful! :redheartpump: We would love to see more pictures!

GemsGem

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Hi and welcome to the site :wave3:
Calypso is a gorgeous mini black panther :redheartpump:
With such beautiful eyes :loveeyes:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Love the name. Adopting Callie does honor to Captain Jack Sparrow as well as naming giving her the name you chose. Callie is gorgeous! You have done a great thing by giving her a home and love. Thank you for adopting!!! I hope to hear more of your new adventures together. May you have clear skies and smooth sailing! ( I didn’t think the title was cheesy! I admire clever word play.) :salute:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

morganlee107

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Welcome to The Cat Site. :dazzler: Calypso is beautiful! :redheartpump: We would love to see more pictures!
Thank you! Here are some more of my favorites <3

I love this picture because you can see her brown undertones

Here's the beginning of introducing her to my sister's 12 y/o (she's interested in him, he's interested in his wet food)

Some more glamour shots ;)

And here's a dramatic shot with steam :blush: (the humidifier is on because she has a stuffy nose, I'm taking her to the vet tomorrow to get her checked out!)

morganlee107

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi and welcome to the site :wave3:
Calypso is a gorgeous mini black panther :redheartpump:
With such beautiful eyes :loveeyes:
Isn't she pretty? I keep telling her she could be a show cat lol! And yeah her eyes change from orange to green and back, idk which color I like more! lol

morganlee107

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Condolences on the loss of Captain Jack Sparrow. :alright: RIP sweet boy. :angel:

Congratulations on your graduation, and your adoption of the beautiful Calypso. :catlove:

TCS has some articles that may help you help her adjust to her new home and family.

How To Help A New Cat Adjust To Your Home
How To Successfully Introduce Cats: The Ultimate Guide
How To Safely Introduce A Cat And A Dog
He was a sweet boy and I miss him dearly! Thank you for your congrats and thanks for the articles! I'll definitely take a look!

morganlee107

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Love the name. Adopting Callie does honor to Captain Jack Sparrow as well as naming giving her the name you chose. Callie is gorgeous! You have done a great thing by giving her a home and love. Thank you for adopting!!! I hope to hear more of your new adventures together. May you have clear skies and smooth sailing! ( I didn’t think the title was cheesy! I admire clever word play.) :salute:
Thanks! Not only is it a POtC name, I like how it sounds magic and mystical which is what I'd say describes how she looks! lol and of course! My family has only ever adopted, it's such a good deed (not to backdoor brag!). So far so good! She has been sneezing a lot, it sounds like she has a stuffy nose. I have a vet appointment tomorrow so hopefully it's nothing serious! And thanks for liking the title! ;)

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It is a good deed. A great deed! I wish more people were doing it.That’s not bragging, it’s a fact! I am going to brag on you though. You are great! Adopting equals saving a life and that is huge! Share the fact that you adopted with everyone and maybe you will inspire others to do the same thing. As someone who spends a lot of time looking for good people to adopt I want to say it loud and clear, THANK YOU for being one of the good guys! :rock::thanks::clap2::cheerleader: