Bravo Basic Blend

espiritumapache

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I currently order Bravo's Basic Blends (I get 3 or 4 flavors/protein sources) for my ferrets and I want to get FireFly on raw too. The basic blends include muscle meat, organ meat and ground bone, nothing else. They don't contain any fruits/veggies or anything else, because that's best for the ferrets. Now, I know cats, like ferrets, are obligate carnivores but I have always heard they aren't as obligate carnivores as ferrets, and that fruits/veggies aren't bad for them.. However, I the sources I heard that from, being ferret-focused, didn't go into details about weather or not fruits/veggies offer any particular benefit to cats if they are added to a cat's diet... & since I always see fruits & veggies in commercial raw blends geared towards cats I just wanted to make sure Bravo Basic Blend will be okay for FireFly or if I should get her a blend that included some fruits/veggies?

txcatmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
No fruits or veggies is great for cats...that's what we strive for around here.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

espiritumapache

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks guys!! I have the additives :-) I was just curious why most commercial raw blends specifically for cats have fruits/veggies. I thought there might be some benefit to cats that I was unaware of, so I wanted to be sure before excluding them... but I guess not. Are they just fillers? Either way, makes my life easy, I'll just order more of what I currently get :-)

txcatmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I think there may be a couple reasons. Most are marketed to dogs and cats. Dogs apparently have more use for a little fruit or veggie. Filler could be an objective, as you noted. And consumers love seeing the fruits and veggies on the labels...we're just so conditioned to thinking "healthy" when we see those things.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

espiritumapache

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Gotcha, that makes sense :-) thank you