Boy or girl

Dawn 37

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
In all my time off having cats I've never had to ask , is this a boy or girl .. I'm saying girl lol BUT breader sold it to us as a boy ¡¡¡ until I was brushing his/hers belly and thought hang on here he looks like a girl 🤔 does not matter to us at all just that we got a boy name and will need to change it ..any help would be great full...cheers
20240126_125207.jpg

Lennybells

I’m a slave to my furry master
Adult Cat
Purraise
Did some research. You have a girl kitty!

white shadow

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi D Dawn 37 and a warm welcome to the forum !

Now that you have that question taken care of, you could slowly...........take the camera around to the front, taking pictures all the time!

Caspers Human

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
...does not matter to us at all just that we got a boy name and will need to change it...
Our youngest, Elliot, was living outdoors before we brought him in. He was living under our back porch. That's when we started feeding him in hopes of luring him inside.

When the cat first appeared, we saw a pair of eyes, late at night, shining in the glow of the porch light. Casper's Girl-Human put some food out for the cat and, when it came up to the porch, we thought it was a female cat. Girl-Human gave it the name, "Elsa," after the lion in the book/movie "Born Free." We went on for weeks, thinking it was a girl-cat.

Then, one day, "Elsa" came up to the porch during daylight hours. "She" ate a meal then turned to go back down the stairs. I took one look and said, "Oh! You're a BOY-cat!" He had a big set of bollocks on him, impossible to miss!

Girl-Human decided that we couldn't call him Elsa and it took some figuring to come up with a new name. We reasoned that he was already starting to respond to the name "Elsa" and "Elliot" was close enough that the change wouldn't confuse him.

So, we started calling him "Elliot" instead and that's been his name ever since. :)

What name are you calling your kitty, now? Is it a name you can just change from a "boy name" to a "girl name." Maybe you can change it to a gender-neutral version?