Bobcat mixes

awill0003

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Can someone please explain to me why so many people thing bobcat/domestic crosses can't happen?? I live in Virginia and I have a bobcat mix who's father was half bob and half main coon--- kit has the ear tufts and chirps, she doesn't have the bob tail yet her brothers did. Even our department of fish and wildlife says on their website that it happens but---- so many people say it's a myth--- we actually witnessed our house cat be gotten by a bobcat and when the babies came out sure enough they were bobcats... This is a pic of kit btw

Kit is very very good aggressive with meat- she will growl and will attack, kit also does not like strangers- her brothers were polydactyl and bobtailed with ear tufts too--- kit was fluffier as a baby than she is now-- she does not meow she chirps- and does have a spots all under her belly- and some on her sides

My thing is , if so many people have seen this happen how is this considered a myth?

Last edited by a moderator:

kitty kisser

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Kit is very beautiful. My Dad acquired 2 bobcat kittens from a friend, he was bottle feeding them with KMR there eyes weren't even open. We live in New Mexico I guess it's illegal to have them as pets in our state. Game and fish came a knocking guess one of his friends told them and they confiscated the kittens:sigh: leaving my Dad heart broken. I've seen Savannah cats on the internet but never in person and servals are bigger than bobcats so I guess it's possible. You are so lucky! Is Kit full grown do you know how big she will get?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

awill0003

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Kit is just now hitting 6 months- sad enough my doctor has told me I am only getting sick because my body can no longer handle the dander and urine so I have to rehome her. We also had to rehome our big rescue due to the same reason--- the docs won't give me the shots because of my epilepsy is triggered by certain meds

kitty kisser

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Sorry to hear that I don't think hybrids are legal in NM where I live, or I would take her off your hands! I don't want any more problems with game and fish! Plus she might not get along with my two female cats. They fight enough as it is.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

awill0003

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh I have found her a home with kids ( she loves kids and babies ) they are suppose to be coming to meet her in just a little bit. I've been trying to find her favorite toy but she has hidden it again

kitty kisser

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Glad she's found a good home! My cat Catness always hides her favorite fetch toy and hartz quit making them. It's a braid of pink, blue , and yellow with hot pink feathers glued to the ends. :D
:vibes::vibes::vibes: for Kit