Dairymilk

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
aw so cute although must have been so scary to see that even if beautiful

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
There are differences, but a large cat compared to a small bobcat could both end up in the same seeming category to the unsuspecting person.

There are lots of coyotes around here and I once had to stop a young man who was trying to rescue one and get it in his car because he thought it was a stray dog. He was visiting from another country and was not familiar with them.

CatladyJan

<><
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm trying to remember the TCS member who has a BobCat as a pet.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
There are differences, but a large cat compared to a small bobcat could both end up in the same seeming category to the unsuspecting person.
I would be torn between being alarmed at a dangerous wild animal being in the house and wanting to pet the beautiful big kitty (even knowing it’d be the last thing I ever did)!
We've had bobcats go through our yard many times over the years. Many of them aren't any bigger than our 18 lb cat Ozzy and they're so cuuute. I can see why someone would want to try to pet the big kitty. :lol2:

Usually they go through our back yard which is a semi-wooded area but this one went right across our front patio. I was only able to grab my phone and a photo as he disappeared into our neighbor's yard. And there was the glare from the window, so it isn't much of a photo, unfortunately.

IMG_1746.JPG

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
There are probably at least two members who owned bobcats. Besides basscat I can remember Amber the Bobcat from years ago and I think he had more than one.
Someone shared a thread from bass cat and his catio when I was building mine. It was amazing!!!