Blue Ridge Beef Question

3 Pawsome Cats

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everyone! A few days ago, I was at the pet store picking up some pre made raw food since I didn’t thaw enough muscle meat (typical me lol) and I came across a brand called Blue Ridge Beef. The ground beef for dogs was incredibly cheap (I’ve got 5 large dogs ranging from 175 lbs to 20 lbs, so I love a good bargain:lol:) and while I didn’t see many options for cats, I was intrigued.

As soon as I got home I looked up the website and wanted to see if there was more cats products. I saw that there was a complete and balanced formula for dogs, but the only product that could pass for complete and balanced was the kitten grind or mix. I looked at the FAQs, and I couldn’t find a good answer. So if anyone knows if the kitten mix will meet all of my cats’ nutritional needs or has any experience with this brand, I’d appreciate the help. If it’s not balanced I’ll still use the ground meats and just add organs and bone. My kitties sure are lucky that their mama is willing to touch raw meat (I’m vegan:lol:)

Thanks in advance!

dhammagirl

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
While I don't know about that product, I just wanted to say hi :wave3: to another vegan feeding raw to her lucky kitties.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I used to use Blue Ridge chubs. The brand is 90% meat and 10% bone. No organs are included. If you know how to include the proper supplements / organs / etc, then it's fine to feed to a cat.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

3 Pawsome Cats

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
dhammagirl:My rule for raw is no whole animals like rabbits except for whole fish. I just get creeped out!:flail:

3 Pawsome Cats

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I used to use Blue Ridge chubs. The brand is 90% meat and 10% bone. No organs are included. If you know how to include the proper supplements / organs / etc, then it's fine to feed to a cat.
Ok thanks! Yeah, the website is a little hard to understand for me lol. It never specifies if something is complete and balanced or if it needs bone or organs. But thank you for the reply!

Cindus

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'll chime in as yet another non-animal eater feeding raw to her cats. Glad to see I'm not alone! Feeding raw has made me reconsider calling myself vegan, but it's a convenient label. If I say I'm a "strict vegetarian" everyone just tries to feed me cheese. ;)

3 Pawsome Cats

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Cindus: Lol! My 96 year old grandfather still asks me after 6 years “Why would someone ever refuse to eat bacon?”

GaryT

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have several rolls of the Blue Ridge Beef kitten grind in my freezer. I have been giving it to him as is. How should I be using this? What needs to be added? I am currently trying to figure out an allergy issue so I am taking him off the beef in one more day after I use what is in fridge thawed. I have some good dry for him.