Blue Eyes, Playful, Affectionate, Stray Cat

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Blanca17

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

Siamese looking feet... The dark color is only on the back of her feet. I.e, you can only see it when she's walking away from you .... Even after restraining her feet like this for a pic, she cuddles on my lap. Sweet kitty.

Blanca17

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Can someone recommend a gene test, including a link?

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
In this pic we see clearly, the spots arent just regular spotted tabby spots, but some are rosettes of the bengal.

Look also on her whitish base color. The siamese base color isnt at all that whitish. Its more light brown
Also, a pointed tabby = lynx point, tend to get darker over the body too...

Not she.

Ergo: She is a snow bengal (=pointed bengal, or purebred bengal-siamese mix, if you want).

I cant swear if she is of good show quality snow bengal, Im not that very expert on snow bengals.
But I will eat up my hat if she isnt a snow bengal.

Blanca17

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I tried clipping her nails while she was eating...that's my best chance.

Alejandra Rico

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Blanca17 Blanca17 - What an incredibly gorgeous kitty! Let's see if we can persuade Alejandra Rico Alejandra Rico to weight in here; she's probably the TCS authority on Bengals.
You called, Sir ;)

I agree with the above. Definetely, both Bengal and Siamese traits are clearly visible in this beautiful girl.

If I had to bet, I would say that she is either a purebreed Snow Bengal or one of the early outcrosses between a brown bengal and Siamese cat to produce snow bengals. Or, just the natural daughter of a bengal with a point cat (which would explain why she has the looks but not the papers).

If you have already taken her to the vet, may I ask how old is she supposed to be? Rosettes of Snow Bengals can take some time to develop, so some changes in her coat can still happen.

She is lovely, beautiful, and looks like it is great fun having her around :)

Alejandra Rico

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thank you , she was 7.2 pounds when I first weighed her in November...she was probably under 6 when we brought her in in late September
That is what I thought. Then, there are good chances that her coat will keep developping and improving contrast and rosettes' shape. I am not that familiar with snow bengals, as my "field of interest" are browns, silvers and blues, but everything I've read on genetics of snow bengals stated that their coats take longer to reach their definitive look.