Blue Eyes, Playful, Affectionate, Stray Cat

Blanca17

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

This cat has been living with me for almost 3 months. She showed up skinny, very hungry, and with fleas. She likes to climb out of windows, exploring outside but mostly spends the night inside by the heater. Her name is Blanca, I don't know cats...what kind of breed/genetics could she be?

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I agree. Definitely a point, spotted tabby, ie spotted lynx point.

May very well be a purebred bengal - the so called snow bengal, whom are spotted points. AND almost whitish in color.
Body and head build doesnt contraindicts this either.

Her being apparently astray (possibly dumped) increases the probability of her being a true bengal.

Did you checked her for a chip?
Not all purebred has it, but its common.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Blanca17

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
ps You didnt told she come pregnant, so I guess she did come spayed?

Another indicium...
I don't know if she has a chip or if she is spayed. I also don't know what a point is?

My neighbor used to breed cats and has a habit feeding wild animals including some cats. There are at least 4 toms that run around the house. Blanca sits in the window and attracts more cats lol

My neighbor has multiple cats and dogs and admitted to breeding cats ages ago. I have not asked her out right if this was her cat, but she did ask for permission to find me a cat. Then we started seeing this beautiful kitten occasionally in the backyard. The neighbors claims she was a stray but had already named her bubbles lol the neighbor always asks about the pretty cat.

I was always a dog person until I had a roommate with one years ago. Never had a cat besides this girl. She snuggles and purrs so nicely.

Blanca17

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So I did do some googling and I think I get point coloration now. I used to study genetics, which I was originally curious about her genes. She definitely has Siamese looking back feet/socks.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She is absolutely beautiful. With her unusual coloring, large ears, and skinny build she does stand out! Without papers I guess the breed is impossible to say for sure, but she does look like she has some Siamese in her, if she 'talks' a lot, for certain! Are you going to give her a permanent home? She looks very young. All the luck!

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She has surely some siamese in her (point = "siamese mix"), but what we believe is she is a snow bengal or at least, a very good look alike, ie a pointed bengal, or if you so want, the purebred mix of bengal and siamese.

Im not an expert on Snow Bengals, but it wouldnt surprise me the least, if she IS the real thing, a snow bengal, but whom lost her papers.

If its important for you to know, there are nowadays fairly cheap gene tests. Her being purebred or almost purebred, you should get a decisive clear result.

Blanca17

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

She occasionally uses the sink or shower to pee. She was litter box trained from the get go. She occasionally swats at door knobs...and she most definitely drinks straight from the running faucet. I also find her footprints on the toilet seat. How do I know if she is spayed?

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise

She occasionally uses the sink or shower to pee. She was litter box trained from the get go. She occasionally swats at door knobs...and she most definitely drinks straight from the running faucet. I also find her footprints on the toilet seat. How do I know if she is spayed?
You can part the hair on her abdomen to check if there’s a small scar there from the incision from the spay surgery.

Blanca17

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
You can part the hair on her abdomen to check if there’s a small scar there from the incision from the spay surgery.
Thank you, that was very helpful. Her belly is so soft lol...I struggled to part her hair, but I scratched her belly and tried to feel for a scar. Didn't see or feel anything unusual.