Blood test any fasting tips?

terestrife

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm supposed to not give my cat food for 12 hours for her tests to come out accurate. But then by the time we get there she has no urine in her system. I'm thinking of putting water with a bit of tuna juice just to get her to drink. Had anyone tried this? Just don't know if it'll affect her results. She has early kidney issues and going back to check how she's doing.

Edit: every time i don't do the 12 hours she has fat deposits in her blood. But then if i do the 12 hours she doesn't have urine.

Last edited:

Maurey

Maine Coon Madness
Top Cat
Purraise
You can ask your vet to show you how to safely syringe water into her cheek pouch. I wouldn’t give tuna water before a test, personally.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

terestrife

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You can ask your vet to show you how to safely syringe water into her cheek pouch. I wouldn’t give tuna water before a test, personally.
Thank you! I just realized i wrote 12 years lol

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Given vets say it is OK to administer meds with some food during the fasting time, if it were me, I would add some tuna juice to her water. How can that be much different?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

terestrife

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Given vets say it is OK to administer meds with some food during the fasting time, if it were me, I would add some tuna juice to her water. How can that be much different?
I was told it was recommended to fast but didn't have to. Which is why i don't see why a little tuna water would hurt. I just want her hydrated. Last time i had to go to the vet 3 times to get a urine sample.