Black Marks On Female Cat Nipples

alantee55

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi just noticed black spots on and around my 15yr old female cat's nipples, was wondering if anyone had an idea on what's going on. She turned up on our doorstep 12 years ago and we think she was at least 2-3 years old. 12 months ago she lost sight in both eyes, but she still gets around very well in comfortable surroundings. When I take her to the vet she is totally stressed out and is so for 2-3 days, hence the question on here. If it looks serious to some well trained cat lovers on here I won't hesitate to take her to the vet

Ive attached 3 pics below hopefully someone can make spot something, to me it looks like melanoma but Ive read on some forums it could be hormonal oil weeping around the nipple.

Any advice is most welcome
Regards
Alan

Attachments

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Although cats can, and do, develope random markings here and there, her age and the fact that the marks are on her nipples makes me want to urge you to err on the side of caution here and take her to the vet. She's at an age when cancers can develop, and this is, after all, mammary tissue. IF she does have it, the sooner diagnosed, the better. My dog began having to have mammary tumors excised when she was about that age, and had 4 more good years with us until her arthritis, NOT her cancer, forced us to make the Hard Decision.