Black Cats Only

sevenplus1

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
sevenplus1 sevenplus1 - No surprise there, looking at Rex - he's absolutely stunning; smooth, sleek, and solid, saturated black. What a gorgeous fellow he is.
On behalf of Rex and myself, thank you. And yet he had humble beginnings. Here is what he looked like when I got him. I would never have thought that he would look almost exotic.

Attachments

moosedawg

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
After my first black cat, I too was hooked. There's just something about them. (Of course, I have tabbies too and a meezer, I can't ever see myself not owning at least 1 of each and/or a tuxedo kitty) Currently, I have two 9-month old black kitties. My black cat Greebo (aka Pookah) passed last December. I sought to replace him as I missed having a black cat, and I found these two that were 1/2 Siamese bonded brothers. I couldn't separate them, and I'm glad I didn't. My other cats are older (10 and 14), and this way they always have someone to play with that won't get annoyed as easily. And I totally don't mean this in a crude way at all, but in this case it's 100% true... Once you go black, you never go back! :bigeyes: :crazy: :lol2: :lol:

gitabooks

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My baby girl Nocturne!!!! I helped her be born at the shelter, fostered her and her family, and than foster-failed her : )
She is special-needs due to a past of mild hydrocephalus but is doing very well. I love her so much! She's such a silly girl.

IMG_5564.jpg

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My baby girl Nocturne!!!! I helped her be born at the shelter, fostered her and her family, and than foster-failed her : )
She is special-needs due to a past of mild hydrocephalus but is doing very well. I love her so much! She's such a silly girl.

View attachment 199848
gitabooks gitabooks - She's absolutely beautiful with her tiny white locket! Her face reminds me a bit of my little Oz:

ozaerial.jpg

Jazminepla

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I've learned over years of having cats,that black cats and tuxedo cats are some of the most intelligent friendly cats you could have. They don't like affection as much as let's say a Maine coon but they will tolerate it because they love u. Here's my lil tuxedo cat Kaneki, no one wanted him at the shelter and it made me sad enough to buy him. And he's become my absolute favorite.

Attachments

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
I've learned over years of having cats,that black cats and tuxedo cats are some of the most intelligent friendly cats you could have. They don't like affection as much as let's say a Maine coon but they will tolerate it because they love u. Here's my lil tuxedo cat Kaneki, no one wanted him at the shelter and it made me sad enough to buy him. And he's become my absolute favorite.
:wave3: OH what a sweetheart! :hearthrob::redheartpump: So glad you gave him a forever home :bigeyes: :lovecat3: :clap:

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
My all black foster cat needs a new home. His name is Patrick, he is 5 years old and is considered a special needs cat as he has to have laxatives every day so he can poop. He also has a slight heart murmur but lots of cats (and people) have those and it does not impact their lives. His fur is soft like bunny fur and never tangles, he has no bad manners (no scratching of furniture or jumping on counters as he has plenty of places where he can scratch (scratching boards, poles and a climbing tower). He gets along with other cats but is very shy about strangers. He's an indoor only cat. I have had him for a very long time as black cats are hard to place, posting him on Facebook and also on this site has brought no results. You can see lots of pictures of him on "my all black foster cat needs a new home". Due to health issues I can no longer keep him and if I can't find someone who will take him I will have to consider sending him to the Big Sleep. Is there someone out there who will give this beautiful boy a forever home?

Last edited:

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Norachan Norachan it's a long nasty story why I cannot give him back to where he came from, they have declared that he is not a foster but MY cat although they have nothing to base that on but the word of the person who runs the rescue and adoption program. They flatly refuse to have anything to do with me as far as he is concerned and have stopped paying for any and all of his expenses. Needless to say I have quit that outfit since then, have met with nothing but hostility and was even told I was being petty when I took everything that was mine with me. So I am asking the cat community to help me find a new home for him.
I live in Southern California between Los Angeles and San Diego and would be willing to travel anywhere between those two cities.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
That's too bad.

:sniffle:

I know someone who volunteers at a shelter in New York, they often take in pets from other places in the US. Let me ask if they have any room for another cat at the moment.

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's too bad.

:sniffle:

I know someone who volunteers at a shelter in New York, they often take in pets from other places in the US. Let me ask if they have any room for another cat at the moment.
But how would he get there? That's at the other side of the country, several thousand miles away. And what if they did not want him once they had him? I think he should be adopted somewhere around here, even just Southern Calif is as large as some European countries (I don't know how Japan compares in that respect).