Black Cats Only

kittykin

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
howmany howmany Finding homes for your black kits may prove to be challenging but will also be rewarding. People are really superstitious in this country when it comes to black cats. I think it's the strangest thing honestly, and I spent a decent part of my life in Salem MA where ironically a huge amount of the population loves black cats. But I have actually had people tell me in the past it's bad luck to have black cats and they're the devil's minions and I look at them like they have 5 heads because every black cat I've ever met and had is an absolute lovey.
When we went to the shelter to get our cats I went there initially specifically wanting a black cat. Now we have Prince and Tyrion..they're both challenging at times just like regular fur babies but they're our family and we love them for life!

camillel

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I think it is something in the American culture that black cats are bad. My experience with black cats are absolutely wonderful. Rescue my first,  was a snuggle bum but a dadd'ys girl. Salem my kitten now is also a snuggler, and a maniac. We nick named her bowling ball because she runs into everything. She also either sleeps between us or at my neck. BLACK CATS ARE WONDERFUL!!!

fearlessbenjamn

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

My little Nina had a rough start to life. She was burned by a car engine as a baby and had to have her ear removed. She was in a foster home for months and months and could not get adopted. I adopted her in January and this girl thinks she hit the jackpot. I have not been able to play a game of candy crush alone since. I love this girl!

parisinthe30sx

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

howmany

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Found a home for one of the black kits chated with a women buying cat litter in grocery store line ( looked like a cat lady purple hair) with 10 year old and a husband who appeared into getting one aswell so funny because my younger kids are always telling everyone we have kittens. And what they look like they and these folks looked so happy for a black.

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
Black cats are the greatest, the most loving sweetest cats ever. There are two of them living in my house.

Panthera of the sea foam eyes

and 

Patrick, a foster, who will probably never leave

pegleg

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
This thread is magnificent.

Here's my boy Biffs, he's only about 8 months old:

He's a shouter, he has a siamese meow and is always going on about something or other. Anything he doesn't understand or like he shouts at me to deal with it. He's greedy and wants whatever toy his sister has and whatever's in her bowl. He doesn't like me going out and has a strop when he sees me getting ready. He's also a proper scaredy cat and a great character. He'll nose touch then shout up your nostrils.