Black Cat With Blue Eyes

raina21

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I created a post about this boy in the health forums a few days ago, but it got little response. I know my cat Sirius is a DSH, but he's a little odd in that he is ALL BLACK and has BLUE eyes. He's 4 and 1/2 months old, (shouldn't his eyes have changed by now?) and I have his brother Remus (orange and white) and Remus's eyes have already changed to yellow.

On the other thread I received a reply mentioning the Ojos Azules cats in New Mexico, but from what I have heard, their eyes are a much deeper blue than Sirius's are (Sirius's are more of an ice-blue). It was also mentioned in the other thread that he may express the gene for partial albinism but I just don't see how that would be possible since he is all black. Anyone have any idea about the possible genetics behind this?

Sorry the photos are so grainy, it is hard to get pictures of a squirmy kittens eyes so I had to take photos and zoom in on his eyes.

Screenshot_20170924-205928.png
Screenshot_20170924-205811.png

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Prob the same mutation as on Eyes azures - he got it but not the bro.

Very unusual on a nice kitten

ps. wrong spelling, but the same meaning on the new cat breed.

Last edited:

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Ps as you serely see there is a similiar tread by another poster going on parallelly. Perhaps not that unique mutation?
raina21 raina21