Bitten By A Stray Cat - Need Advice

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Just thinking of you this morning.... :hugs: Sending you more comfort and vibes your way in the hopes that you are doing alright :alright: I know this is very hard on your heart. Be good to yourself - you ARE a cat hero - even though you might not feel that way right now, today. You really are - please know that..... :vibes: :hugs: :vibes: :hugs: :vibes: :hugs:

p.s. we have all been in your shoes. Re-thinking what we should or shouldn't have done in a particular rescue. We are human after all - and just do the best that we can in these circumstances. :alright:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

southerner1

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I just want to thank everyone who responded.  Your being supportive really means a lot to me.  You're right, I had no idea of this outcome or I would have never left the cat at this shelter.  I'll try to think more along these lines.  And, most cat rescuers have to unfortunately deal with the sad outcomes that sometimes happen.  It's a shame that many of these sad outcomes happen because other people aren't caring enough - like the people at the shelter who didn't give the cat I was helping a chance or the people at spay/neuter who put down the feral cat.

I totally identify with this: "[color= rgb(24, 24, 24)]He didn't matter to anyone in the world, but he did to me."  Same with this cat - he didn't matter to anyone else, but he mattered to me.  [/color]

[color= rgb(24, 24, 24)]I am still feeling really sad.  I miss the little guy.  After I turned him over the shelter on Tuesday, I came home and cried just because I was going to miss him.  But, at least I thought he would be okay and find a happy home.  [/color]

[color= rgb(24, 24, 24)]I can't help him now.  But, maybe I can get to feeling better and then help another cat.  Thanks again for all the caring words.[/color]

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
:alright: :hugs: :heart4:....... and loads of these :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: Believe me, we have all been in your shoes. It is totally out of our hands when we bring a stray cat and relinquish them to a shelter, we lose all control then. They have to follow protocol and rules according to their policies. Unfortunate, yes and very sad for us - the rescuers. But, we cannot keep them all on our own. We need the help of shelter's from time to time. Try to look at it this way as it may be true. I believe things happen for a reason. This kitty came to you and if not for you trapping and bringing him to the shelter he most likely would have suffered some terrible death outside on his own either from his illness or some other unfortunate situation. He might have infected other cats as well due to having to protect himself from other stray cats by fighting them off. Of course he meant so much to you and only you :heart2: but I do believe you saved him from some other awful outcome - very possible. :hugs: :heart4: :vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes:

Last edited: