Biting

Bluuuii

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So I recently got asked if I wanted to help a local organization take care of strays like a "support home", or foster home of some kind. I of course agreed, i still have a lot of space left in my apartment and my allergies seem to be holding up fine so far.
Anyways, i got this super cute stray as my first - its unclear how long she will be staying for, most likely she will remain until the organization finds her a family. She seems to be under a year old. She is extremely affectionate, but has a bit of a biting issues. She does that "love bite" thing, but an extremer version of it. If she manages to catch a finger in her mouth she will probably crunch through the skin if you dont pull out fast enough. She will also go for knees or an arm or anything she rubs her face against. I did manage to cut her claws just fine, so thats no longer as much of an issue - but she does kinda swat after hands. I dont think she understands that it hurts and i am not completely sure how to tell her that in a way she understands.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Bluuuii

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi!
Bless your heart for doing this!!
Try a big HISS when the bad behavior starts up, just like her mama would do to teach her some manners :)
This actually seems to have helped! Since i started doing it she has only tried to bite me twice :D Thank you!