Bile Vomit In Kitten.

AnnaAntil

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My baby persian kitten Gigi was injured a week ago. She fractured her hind limbsl(I posted about that too) she was on IV for 3 days. During that time she would drink small amounts of water but no food. Her vet suggested against force feeding her. We naturally followed his advice. Now after she was taken off of iv and antibiotics she still won't eat. Last evening I contacted him again explaining the situation so he said about forcefeeding through syringe. I did But after a couple of hours she puked yellow greenish liquid and a small inch long hairball. This whole day we have been giving her fennel water via syringe and once Liv52 She has vomited three times now(bile) and once pooped (mind you she has not eaten solid since the incident). Her stomach is relatively large than rest of her body until she vomits. We have only one vet in town and none for miles. I am now scared for her life. Help her live.... Please.

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
I’m so sorry to hear about this. :alright: I hope Gigi starts feeling better soon.

There can be a lot of possible causes for a cat vomiting bile. The best advice I have is to take her to the vet to get her checked out.

This is an old thread about a cat with similar symptoms to Gigi. There was some great advice given there, that might help you as well: Cat Throwing Up Yellow Bile

This article: Your Cat Throwing Up? discusses possible causes for feline vomiting, and how to tell whether you need to take your cat to the vet ASAP.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Veteran
Purraise
Hi - how is your baby now? Is there any chance you can get your vet to let you try a different course of action?

lacy2000

Windy City Fosters
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It could be the lack of food that is upsetting her stomach, making her vomit. The fact that she isn’t eating is the biggest cause for concern as well as dehydration from the vomiting. Perhaps you need to seek a different vet if they aren’t addressing the issue. Definitely get her to the vet asap.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AnnaAntil

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It could be the lack of food that is upsetting her stomach, making her vomit. The fact that she isn’t eating is the biggest cause for concern as well as dehydration from the vomiting. Perhaps you need to seek a different vet if they aren’t addressing the issue. Definitely get her to the vet asap.
Gigi died soon after i posted this. We also consulted another vet and he told us that she had infection inside her...she was such an angel. My bundle of energy. I'll always miss her.

lacy2000

Windy City Fosters
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh I am so sorry. It sounds like you did everything you could to help her and make her feel safe and loved. May she Rest In Peace.