Bicolor Longhair - What Might He Be?

Tomecko

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello, fellow feline-lovers!

I have a beautiful bicolor boy named Scamp. I'm sure he is a mix of breeds, but I'm curious what those in the know think he might be a mix of.

Coloring: Black and white fur in an almost 'skunk' like patterning, gold eyes with a tinge of green around the pupil.

Coat: Medium-to-long, single coat, soft and glossy. Fluffy britches, tufts of fur between toes. Will shed on everything you love.

Size: Medium. 11 lbs at full weight.

Temperament: The most affectionate cat I've ever known. Insists on cuddling. Always wants to be near people. Quite talkative.

Picture time!

1390407241_l.jpg

As a kitten.

dslr_pic.jpg

Full grown.
CIMG2624.JPG

An example of his 'skunk stripe.'
CIMG7534.JPG

Did not appreciate the Inflatable Unicorn Horn, despite the box assuring me that 'cats loved it.'

Any thoughts on what Scamp could be?

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Hello Tomecko, welcome to you and Scamp to TCS :wave3:

Scamp should be a Long-haired Tuxedo Cat. She is beautiful :lovecat:

Do check out the rest of the site and ask questions if you have any adndo post more photos of Scamp :wink:

Here's a special thread just for Tuxedo Cats. You can post Scamp's photos there :-

Tuxedo Cats ;)

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
:yeah:

He could also be called a black and white bicolor Domestic Longhair :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Tomecko

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
He is a beautiful boy, true!

Domestic Longhair is kind of a catch-all phrase, though, for a cat of mixed breeds. I was hoping someone might be able to tell me what breeds he might be mixed from.

Another picture, just because I love to show him off.

IMAG0669.jpg

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
He is a beautiful boy, true!

Domestic Longhair is kind of a catch-all phrase, though, for a cat of mixed breeds. I was hoping someone might be able to tell me what breeds he might be mixed from.

Another picture, just because I love to show him off.

View attachment 182352
The thing is, is that the pedigreed culture in cats runs far less deep than it does in dogs. Only 5% of housecats are pedigreed, which means that most cats have generations of randombred cats in their ancestry. That's why we typically just say what breed a cat resembles, it's impossible to prove any influence short of a DNA test. Scamp could possibly be considered a RagaMuffin lookalike. Breed Profile: The RagaMuffin