Best Friends

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
From days long, long ago: Katina, my dearest tortie girl, curled up against my sweet Tata, a Khao Manee and her best Friend throughout Life.

View attachment 226741
How gorgeous they were together and I bet that they still are the best of friends over at the bridge. I love seeing cats who can have that level of friendship. This beautiful photo sparked the following conversation:

Me: "Look girls. Cats CAN be friends with each other."
Lilith: No answer from her. Still snoozing away in her hammock.
Sophie: "Whatever. That picture was photoshopped".
Me: " No. They were actually friends".
Sophie: "That's nice. Where is my dinner?"
Lilith (now waking up and stretching in her hammock) "What's that about dinner?"
Me: "I was just saying that it IS possible for cats to be friends with each other"
Lilith: "That's nice. WHERE is dinner?"
Sophie: "That's what I said"

:rolleyes2:

I wish they were friends but they are not despite the fact that they have always been together. I think that Lily is Sophie's mother but we'll never know for sure. They aren't willing to share that info. They don't fight but if one of them is relaxing somewhere and the other shows up, there's a wrestling match on the horizon. Lily was snuggled with me on my bed the other night while I was reading and DD put Sophie on the bed. Lily got :censored: off and pounced on her. After a second of wresting, Sophie chased her over me, off the bed and onto the floor where she got hissed at LOUDLY by the queen. 99% of the time they tolerate each other just fine. They eat next to each other all the time with no issue. Lily is the alpha but Sophie has gotten more brazen with her over the time they have been here and every now and then likes to push the boundaries of the queen's patience. They have never hurt each other at all. I wish they were friends but I need to be realistic. We do not live in a perfect world and it could always be worse. Whoever said that you can have it all didn't live with 2 divas.

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
View attachment 241863

That is a detachable strap for my purse. I wasn't planning to use it anyway.
Katie M Katie M - Boy, did I get this caption wrong.

Charlie: "I puts teh harness on you, and takes you for a walk with dis leash."

Selene: "No way! I puts teh harness on you, and takes you for a walk with dis leash."

Charlie: "Nuh-uh! I puts teh harness on you, and takes you for a walk with dis leash."

Selene: "No way! I puts teh harness on you, and takes you for a walk with dis leash."

Charlie: "No chance!!!! I puts teh harness on you, and takes you for a walk with dis leash."

Selene: "Mo-o-o-o-m-m-m-mmmmmm!!!!!!!!!!!"

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Katie M Katie M - Boy, did I get this caption wrong.

Charlie: "I puts teh harness on you, and takes you for a walk with dis leash."

Charlie: "Nuh-uh! I puts teh harness on you, and takes you for a walk with dis leash."

Charlie: "No chance!!!! I puts teh harness on you, and takes you for a walk with dis leash."

Selene: "Mo-o-o-o-m-m-m-mmmmmm!!!!!!!!!!!"

:flail:

Jayflower

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
This is emotionally difficult for me, but I wanted to share these beautiful photos.
This is C'est Moi with her best friend Henri. Henri passed away from FIP in May 2015; he was just a baby, only a little over a year and a half old. He and C'est Moi were the best of friends, they just loved playing together and getting into things. C'est Moi truly loved Henri, and stuck by his side until the end...she was just a kitten and didn't understand what was happening when he became sick.
SAM_8135.JPG
SAM_7958.JPG
SAM_7904.JPG